• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Picked up these bad boys on Ebay dirt cheap:
recentbuy1.jpg

I only put in an offer because they were Alden's, dirt cheap and my perfect size and I ended up winning them. Now I'm pondering how to wear them
plain.gif

Ah well... I'm up for something new.

Wear them with pants. Other than that, go crazy.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
I'm looking for a casual pair of bucks, tan or light brown. What brands should I look into?

RL, Church's. I think they may be out of season?

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Akr
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

Hey I think you can find the Red wing GTs at a toronto store called get outisde. I believe there are two locations. The GTs are fairly bulky shoes for semi-dress, but they're pretty good for stomping in the fall. As an alternative, take a look at some Grenson boots, I think they're priced similarly and I've liked the looks of some of them.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how LL Bean Boots are sized? I am a 10.5 in vans.

kael

Reaction score
hey i'm new to the forum and have been trying to search around what goes well with work boots. i couldn't find any pictures to get ideas but i've been looking at these timberland's

http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...OT-MZ22_V1.jpg

what can i wear with something like those kind's of boots without looking like i'm trying too hard?

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor

You probably need a 9.5, but potentially a 9. Mine are a size 9, but I'm pretty sure I could have (and maybe should have) gone down to a 8.5.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor

I don't have vans bit if you're talking about the Katahdin boots, I went with my dress shoe/Purcell size and they worked out perfect.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Margiela dress shoes fit? I'm generally a 12 in other brands and I've spotted a 45 online that looks appealing.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Akr
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

I own GTs, various English boots, and have owned aldens.

If i were starting over I would get White's SD, they fit true to size

Akr

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I went to get outside and tried on the GTs. I fell in love almost instantly and would have bought them on the spot if they weren't asking almost $400 for them.
Here are ****** iphone pics at the shoe store.
Jeans are Flathead 3001

img0605pi.jpg

img0606e.jpg

img0607jc.jpg

img0608ui.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Those sorel boots in the background look solid. I think i may pick up a pair for bad snow. Will look decent tucked with grey and black jeans and outerwear. As decent as i can wearing techincal snow stuff. Anyone know the cheapest place of to get them or is zappos my best bet? Maybe how they run sizing wise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics