• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never worn boots before. I'm looking for some suggestions for boots. I'm thinking probably the LL Bean Katahdins.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Never worn boots before. I'm looking for some suggestions for boots. I'm thinking probably the LL Bean Katahdins.
Depends on your budget and what you're looking for (ie: rain boots? dress boots? work boots?)

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not dress boots. And yea I'm on a budget and I'd like to keep the price as low as possible. I'm a rather big fan of the Alden Indy Boots but boots aren't really part of a high school kid's rotation of shoes so I'm not looking to splurge on Indy Boots any time soon.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Definitely not dress boots. And yea I'm on a budget and I'd like to keep the price as low as possible. I'm a rather big fan of the Alden Indy Boots but boots aren't really part of a high school kid's rotation of shoes so I'm not looking to splurge on Indy Boots any time soon.

if you're in high school you're gonna get crucified.

don't do it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wore Ricards in high school, stylin on errbody

Frye, LL Bean, Red Wing would be the three top recommended

Doctor

Reaction score
Picked up these bad boys on Ebay dirt cheap:
recentbuy1.jpg

I only put in an offer because they were Alden's, dirt cheap and my perfect size and I ended up winning them. Now I'm pondering how to wear them
plain.gif

Ah well... I'm up for something new.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
if you're in high school you're gonna get crucified.

don't do it.

Yea pretty much. I think about it from time to time but I've never been close to buying a pair.

Akr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^This is a nice post, some kind sir help him out please.

beowolf

Reaction score
I am looking for a good casual boot that I can wear in an office (I am an Art Director, so I have some flexibility) and with jeans. I am not really a fan of the Indy boot, any other suggestion?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Akr
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

i'd look more for something like the crockett and jones coniston... these are overall slimmer boots than your suggestions above although they won't go with hoodies...

mpcec

Reaction score
I'm looking for a casual pair of bucks, tan or light brown. What brands should I look into?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads