Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Never worn boots before. I'm looking for some suggestions for boots. I'm thinking probably the LL Bean Katahdins.

2. snake

snake Senior member

Never worn boots before. I'm looking for some suggestions for boots. I'm thinking probably the LL Bean Katahdins.

You can't go wrong with those for the price. I would love me some wolverine's 1000mi. Also, check out the Alden thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=85589

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Depends on your budget and what you're looking for (ie: rain boots? dress boots? work boots?)

4. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Definitely not dress boots. And yea I'm on a budget and I'd like to keep the price as low as possible. I'm a rather big fan of the Alden Indy Boots but boots aren't really part of a high school kid's rotation of shoes so I'm not looking to splurge on Indy Boots any time soon.

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Definitely not dress boots. And yea I'm on a budget and I'd like to keep the price as low as possible. I'm a rather big fan of the Alden Indy Boots but boots aren't really part of a high school kid's rotation of shoes so I'm not looking to splurge on Indy Boots any time soon.

if you're in high school you're gonna get crucified.

don't do it.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I wore Ricards in high school, stylin on errbody

Frye, LL Bean, Red Wing would be the three top recommended

7. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Picked up these bad boys on Ebay dirt cheap:
    [​IMG]

I only put in an offer because they were Alden's, dirt cheap and my perfect size and I ended up winning them. Now I'm pondering how to wear them [​IMG]

Ah well... I'm up for something new.

8. goldfish12

goldfish12 Member

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

if you're in high school you're gonna get crucified.

don't do it.

Yea pretty much. I think about it from time to time but I've never been close to buying a pair.

10. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

I'm liking these.
    [​IMG]

11. Akr

Akr Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
    My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
    So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
    I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
    I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

^This is a nice post, some kind sir help him out please.

13. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

I am looking for a good casual boot that I can wear in an office (I am an Art Director, so I have some flexibility) and with jeans. I am not really a fan of the Indy boot, any other suggestion?

14. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
    My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
    So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
    I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
    I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

i'd look more for something like the crockett and jones coniston... these are overall slimmer boots than your suggestions above although they won't go with hoodies...

15. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

I'm looking for a casual pair of bucks, tan or light brown. What brands should I look into?