• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucifer
Hmm, I'm planning to get a moc toe Indy (natural chromexel). Reason why I go moc toe instead of plain toe is because I want to differentiate (beyond color) from my 1000 mile boots. The question is: will the seam darken and get nearly invisible with wear and care? Making a plain toe and moc toe almost indistinguishable in the end?

If you treat with lexol cleaner and conditioner you can keep the stitching white.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Nice stuff Moo.

Are you thinking of the Avebury?
avebury-br-d.jpg

Any opinions as to the bootmaker of these? They are English made with a welted, single leather sole, much as the pair I linked from this thread.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots in black. I'm a size 10.5 in runners. What size should I go with? I'm having a hard time navigating the new site to read up on it. I'd also appreciate it if someone can name some online shops carrying these...ones that ship to Canada. Thanks in advance!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MMM cap toe boots are out, surely some baller has procured these

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that lacing is great

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow those MMM are nice

Damn

epilepc

Reaction score

Anyone have an opinion on these? Umming and ahhing and trying to talk myself out of dropping twice the price on something else.
Frye-James-Lace-Up-Boot-1.jpg
Frye-James-Lace-Up-Boot-3.jpg
Frye-James-Lace-Up-Boot-4.jpg
I was looking at these but apparently they're not SF approved... Can anyone recommend non-baller boots with low toebox/sleek silhouette? Preferably under $250 :D

Last edited:

confab

Reaction score

I was looking at these but apparently they're not SF approved... Can anyone recommend non-baller boots with low toebox/sleek silhouette? Preferably under $250 :D

The Grenson Christian has a similar shape to the Frye James you quoted, if you don't mind the high-shine finish (here's a fit pic). Also the Grenson Lewis if you prefer a brogue boot.

You could also look into Paul Smith boots but that would be a jump up in price.

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe you may have some luck finding Varvatos whatever-whatever-Six boots on eBay, I've seen a couple pop up in the past weeks for >$300 (they retail at $600 iirc). There have also been a few Paul Smith Ricards posted in B&S, but they hover closer to $300 than $250 (retail $600, and well worth it)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

raise your budget (i.e. save for a bit) to around $400 and there are quite a few options.

Like what, I keep changing my mind whether or not I want some boots.

coco2010

Reaction score

I believe you may have some luck finding Varvatos whatever-whatever-Six boots on eBay, I've seen a couple pop up in the past weeks for >$300 (they retail at $600 iirc). There have also been a few Paul Smith Ricards posted in B&S, but they hover closer to $300 than $250 (retail $600, and well worth it)
there still some Varvatos boots on yoox, at a decent price. actually, thats where the ebay seller probably got them from and now selling for twice of what he actually paid. flipper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads