• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

dave

Reaction score
Various DMs:

black 1460s
cherry (polished to oxblood) 1460s and 1461s
grey long wings

for dressier occasions I do have so grown up shoes

RM Williams forum specials in a honey tan that I am darkening to a nice antique gold. and a few pairs of AEs that don't get out much anymore.

I keep telling myself I want some PS ricards but I have never seen them in a color that reallt moves me to buy them. if they came in that red that some of the others come in or even the dark olive I would definitely be tempted though.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My newest loves, John Varvatos Combat Boots...
IMG_0654.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
I keep telling myself I want some PS ricards but I have never seen them in a color that reallt moves me to buy them. if they came in that red that some of the others come in or even the dark olive I would definitely be tempted though.

yea, I'm well stocked on PS shoes/boots for the rest of my life but if they make the Ricard in the red that my Rollins captoes or the oxblood of my Marcello loafer, then I'm all over it

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were off to a good start here lads. How about some people post their collection. Maybe some nice aged stuff...

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing aged to show, but I just received these in the mail. Red Wing Iron Ranger: Stock:
pl624690-00vliv01.jpg
Phone:
3025882705_e941bd8465.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RW iron rangers look a lot like the LL bean engineer boots from earlier in the thread. Has anyone handled both of these boots that can give us a conclusion as to which one if of better quality?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my streetwear shoes and boots:

Officine Creative
Alden Indy Boots
Red Wings Centennial 1908
Red Wings x J. Crew Collaboration
Alden Plain Bluchers in Ravello
Martin Margiela Black Military Boots
Martin Margiela Chukkas
Vintage Georgia Boots
Crockett and Jones "Coniston" in Black
Sperry Mocs
Dolce and Gabbana Motorcyle Boots w/ detachable chain
Prada Mountain Boots
Whites Semi - Formal in Brown
Frye's Harness
The original Italian Driving Shoes
Sebago Loafers
Berluti "Andy" Classic
Prada Loafers
Berluti Cyclist
Etc. etc.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dsc05263b.jpg
tricker stow lands' end chukka by Alfred Sargent RL Holland boot Paul Smith Sundance

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nice. What are the middle two?

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
The RW iron rangers look a lot like the LL bean engineer boots from earlier in the thread. Has anyone handled both of these boots that can give us a conclusion as to which one if of better quality?

+1.

I'm interested in either of those. Also, could someone tell me difference (if any) between RW Iron Rangers & J.Crew x RW Iron Rangers.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ you can get RW Iron Rangers from www.cultizm.com cheaper than from J. Crew, and they come in more colors. I suspect they'd be of better quality than the LL Bean boots, but the LL Beans should still be a good pair of shitkickers.

Brutus

Reaction score
My pack >>>

Aldens:
DSCI0027.jpg

DSCI0026.jpg

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0013.jpg

Clark DBs in distressed grey (I also have the sand suede version but I hope we all know what these look like by now):
ClarksDB2.jpg
ClarksDB4.jpg

Opening Ceremony (these are actually a dark metallic blue):
OpeningCeremonySml.jpg

JV Mercer boots (mark has been fixed, zip soles have been added):
DSCI0006-1.jpg

JV Chukkas:
JVshoes.jpg

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm about to pull the trigger on the LL Bean Katahdin boots. http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...2767-sub2&np=Y I've been eyeing them for quite awhile and now that the weather has turned, I finally have a good reason to order them.
After deciding that I wasn't too big into the Gentleman Traveler I bought some Katahdin boots in my size and they're awesome - I find excuses to wear them! I thought I might need an EE but I got me a D width and it went from being snug to comfortably snug. If I decide I really really need an EE width I can always return them to LL bean for the EEs when they become available, which is a gigantic plus! Also if anyone owns any of the service shoes sold on wwiiimpressions.com, please post! edit: I'm talking about these http://wwiiimpressions.com/usarmy.html#russet and these look nice too! http://atthefront.com/ -> US -> Footwear -> Service shoes roughout versions of the shoes above are also available! To my knowledge they're still made by the Corcoran company so you know there's quality there. Also, someone buy my GTs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads