1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. TDV

TDV Well-Known Member

2. Poker

Poker New Member

RFX what brand and model is your 4th pair down. Thank you in advance.

Old pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

I measure up a 9EE on the brannock device and wear 9EEE AE Park Aves

can anyone suggest some sleeker shoe/boot options for someone with wider feet? casual or dress.

4. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

I measure up a 9EE on the brannock device and wear 9EEE AE Park Aves

can anyone suggest some sleeker shoe/boot options for someone with wider feet? casual or dress.

Saw these the other day.. gorgeous boots! Didn't get them because they were a bit too wide for me... might fit you.

http://www.resoul.com/store/pc/viewP...idproduct=2134

5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

These looks good:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Anyone knows of a boot that looks similar with a rubber sole, preferably non-commando and no green/red/green stripe?

6. onion

onion Well-Known Member

RFX what brand and model is your 4th pair down. Thank you in advance.
    If you're talking about the 4th picture down (the one before the group shot of boots), then those are John Varvatos. I know, because I own them as well. They are from last F/W. I'll post the specific shoe name after I get off work. Edit: The box, unlike every other pair of JV shoes I own, don't have a name on it. The Style is F337E3 - K71 if that helps at all.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

lately I've been wearing these Doc Marten shoes a lot. it's a new model, based on the same 1461 shape but made of Excel (not sure if same as the Horween Chrom-Excel) leather that seems to be exactly like the leather used on Red Wing GTs. it doesnt have the yellow stitching but a more traditional white stitching which I like better

[​IMG]

I like them so much I just ordered a pair on dk brown in an 8 eye boot that should arrive today...hopefully the zappo color is accurate cuz i dig it

[​IMG]

GetSmart - I have both these boots and shoes in the brown, and am just breaking them in (but completely love them). Would love to hear your review after wearing them for a while now.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

These new JCrew Red Wing boots are drool-worthy in person. Tried them on this weekend.

Full grain. Very thick leather. Non-lined. Both leather and cotton laces. Offered in three colors, although the 'Dark Wood' finish (the only one displayed in the store) is a beautiful burgundy-brown color.

I have a hard time giving in to JCrew, but these boots are beautiful. Shame they're a JCrew special.

Major note if ordering: these run very large. I'm normally either 10.5 or 11. The size 10 was stil very roomy but perfect.

$225 retail. I would have a serious time spending $375 for the 'distressed' version though - these just look majorly damaged. See below - new and 'distressed' versions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Well-Known Member

What ive been wearing. [​IMG]

10. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I don't like those. The rest of the shoe looks too sleek to have that kind of sole on it.

11. choptreesv

choptreesv Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the 4th picture down (the one before the group shot of boots), then those are John Varvatos. I know, because I own them as well. They are from last F/W. I'll post the specific shoe name after I get off work.

Edit: The box, unlike every other pair of JV shoes I own, don't have a name on it. The Style is F337E3 - K71 if that helps at all.

I have them too, bloomingdales calls them "John Varvatos Men's Aged Calfskin Oxford Ankle Boot".

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...2&PageID=16212

12. chroMe

chroMe Well-Known Member

I may get these quite soon from Folk

13. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

These looks good:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Anyone knows of a boot that looks similar with a rubber sole, preferably non-commando and no green/red/green stripe?

Grenson makes boots similar in style....

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Grenson makes boots similar in style....

Could you point me to the right direction, preferably from a US retailer? Thanks!

16. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

haven't seen them in person but the RW chukkas remind me of the timberland work boots that guys in my HS used to wear with baggy ass jeans. I think there are better options out there.

17. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

haven't seen them in person but the RW chukkas remind me of the timberland work boots that guys in my HS used to wear with baggy ass jeans. I think there are better options out there.
    +1 on this, bought a pair and returned them b/c I didn't have FUBU denim. Anyway holy hell I wish these were within my range...

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right. I really need a casual black shoe/boot.

19. Peter Benders

Peter Benders Member

oh my god! those boots are really mind blowing. thank you very much for the pics. i cant wait to buy one for myself.

20. Exit English

Exit English Well-Known Member

I just got my Chippewa Katahdin boots from LL Bean today. They are really nice. I will try to take some photos soon.