The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Petrus1

Petrus1 Senior member

hello everyone,

I'm looking for a nice pair of black boots, preferably semibrogues (price doesn't really matter). Mind recommending me some?

I would be grateful.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

2. Petrus1

Petrus1 Senior member

I have this problem with my shoe size- they're a 13.5. Yes, the bane of my shopping life. Without getting into lasts, models and so forth, what are some brands that tend to run large by a half to a whole size?

Just get your actual size at Allen Edmonds or a lot of other makers who make that size. It's actually not as gigantic as it seems because whole shoe sizes differ by 1/3 "

3. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

4. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

Hello. This is my first post. Thought I would show my shoe collection. Mostly ebay or thrift store scores. [​IMG] Top Row: Quoddy Moccasins, Tod's Boots, Wesco Jobmasters, Vintage Frye Zipups Second Row: Loake Fontwell Black, Loake Fontwell Brown, Vittorio Ricci/Artioli Snakeskin, Quoddy Brown Brogues Third RowHunt Club Cuban Heels, Unknown Brand Burgundy Oxfords, Loake Split Toe Boots, Born Brown Boots Bottom Row: Asics Running Shoes, Tods Sneakers, Tods Sneakers, Acne/Tretorn Offwhite Suede Shoes Floor:Clarks Wallabees, Rubber Birkenstocks, Vibram 5-Fingers ---------------- [​IMG] Quoddy Moccasins. Got these off Ebay for about 90 bucks. [​IMG] Tod's Brown Boots. Thrifted for 6 dollars. Laces were shot so I put some WWI surplus maroon laces in em. Most comfortable beaters ever. [​IMG] [​IMG] Custom Fit Wesco Jobmasters. Made to my measure. Wish I'd gotten the leather lining instead of the fabric. [​IMG] [​IMG] Loake Fontwells in black and brown. [​IMG] Quoddy brogues. These are so nice I'm scared to wear them. Makes me want brogues in other colors. [​IMG] [​IMG] Hunt Club Cuban Heels. Not particularly well made, but for 5 bucks at the thrift store, I had to have them. They clack super loud when I walk. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Unknown Brand Burgundy Oxfords. The maker's mark were worn off the insole when I bought them, but they're clearly well made. I need some burgundy polish to clean em up. Vibram soles. Super comfy. 10 bucks. If anyone recognizes them, I'm dying to know. [​IMG] Loake Split Toe Ankle Boots. The leather at the ankle is super stiff. Maybe they just need to be broken in.. [​IMG] Born may not be a brand that gets much attention on these boards, but these shoes are super comfortable, well made, and pretty handsome imo. So there we have it. I need to get some brogues in black and burgundy, and a pair of grey boots (I like those Jil Sanders that have been posted). Maybe some black zip-ons.

5. peace-pipe

peace-pipe Member

[​IMG]

anyone have any idea of who makes them? or something similar maybe? i cant find anything similar anywhere.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    They are the Dayton Service boots. This is the boot before it goes through the distressing process by W+H which involves soaking or something like that. These are similar to the ones at the bottom left corner of the images you posted.

I also think the W + H uses different leathers, but I could be wrong. Wouldnt mind getting a pair in black.

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    paraboots look utterly retarded with trousers

+1000

8. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Who makes the ones on the bottom row, second from the left?

[​IMG]

Were posted by snuff_daddy, they are sweet!

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

they are all W + H service boots

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG]

anyone have any idea of who makes them? or something similar maybe? i cant find anything similar anywhere.

Not sure on that exact boot, but the style looks similar to Chronicles of Never.

12. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I think they're all W+H x Dayton service boots in either black or brown.

edit: lol forum moves fast

13. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

they are all W + H service boots

Thanks, these look really nice when the toe isn't turned up so much. Are there many choices as far as retailers go to buy these?

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

They're $700 btw.

15. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

If only there was this kind of quality boot under 400$ [​IMG]