The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. acl1

acl1 Senior member

yea i never really understood how buttero prices rose so quickly, 2 years ago they were like $750.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Does anyone know some good sources for Buttero boots other than Arknets, Yoox, or barneys? ArkNets has the best selection out of the three but the prices are more than 2 times that of Barneys retail... Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance
    Where can I get Balmain for cheap?!
    They're completely different styles so i don't know why you're comparing them.
    This. A shoe is a shoe is a shoe is a lie
    yea i never really understood how buttero prices rose so quickly, 2 years ago they were like $750.
    Have you seen where the yen is lately?

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Any Made in Italy goods in Japan will cost more, they are probably subject to some kind of huge import tax.

Both pair of Buttero's I proxied from Japan ended up right around 900usd a pair.[​IMG] You can buy a pair of Guidi's for that.

Hendrix, I think you are the proud owner of a pair that I originally proxied in to the US, and wore once or twice and sold here on SF.

O wow, this makes me even more of a proud owner!

(not that you paid $900, just that the boots eventually got to me from someone with the best posts in Recent Purchases ever. hopefully i will receive some type of kopping power)

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

5. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

Where can I get Balmain for cheap?!

This. A shoe is a shoe is a shoe is a lie

Have you seen where the yen is lately?

These are really unfair criticisms. I was not asking where to get Balmain cheap like that other poster, and I agree with how ridiculous of a question it is. I don't want to pay what ArkNets is charging because I know they must have to pay many taxes and customs etc which drives the price up. Their Aldens are several hundred dollars more than they are in the US. Their trickers are more expensive than doing to custom route. Does this mean I want them for cheap? No, I just want better prices, such as prices that Barneys offer, or LSfootwear offers on Alden and trickers. And my request is completely founded.

Comparing shoes that are too different to be compared? Frankly, you can compare John Lobb to Red Wing. They are very different, but that would come up in the comparison, so again, No. I am not saying that a shoe is a shoe is a shoe. Saying that two styles are uncomparable, I understand that, but then again, I didn't ask that..I specifically asked about construction and materials. But to simply dismis the question? C'mon.

6. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

I've been bit by the vintage style hiking boots bug that doesn't seem to get much love on SF.

[​IMG]

Paraboot Avoriaz. Bought a brown pair recently, but I have to wait until January before I get them because my size wasnt in stock. [​IMG]

7. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

I've been bit by the vintage style hiking boots bug that doesn't seem to get much love on SF.

[​IMG]

Paraboot Avoriaz. Bought a brown pair recently, but I have to wait until January before I get them because my size wasnt in stock. [​IMG]

If I had the dough, I would definitely get brown paraboots

8. Ghumbs

Ghumbs Well-Known Member

Those Paraboots are great. Now I don't know what I want.

9. oisin

oisin Senior member

Thoughts on finding a good brown wingtip (preferably lighter brown/tan/chestnut color)?

What are my options cheaper than Alden (say ~$300 or less), are not AE (though I may end up with one of theirs), and I can get without ordering online from England (Church, Loake, etc.)?

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

paraboots look utterly retarded with trousers

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]

Nice. Really nice, makes me want a pair.

12. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

I've been REALLY thinking about picking up a pair of Wolverine 1000's in Rust, but they're a bitch to find in my size nowadays.

Anyone recommend something similar in the same (or lower) price range?

13. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Out of all the companies that are currently trying to make a version of this style of boot, I have to say that this is the best one that I have seen yet. I would get both brown and black, if I could afford to. Great find and great purchase!!

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I've been REALLY thinking about picking up a pair of Wolverine 1000's in Rust, but they're a bitch to find in my size nowadays. Anyone recommend something similar in the same (or lower) price range?
    Thorogood x Epaulets maybe?

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

paraboots look utterly retarded
    ftfy