• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Chace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
Bleh. They look like cheap. Like expensive Clark's - same shape and stitching. Personally I also hate crepe soles. I'd avoid. There are better desert boots / ankle boots / chukkas out there for $160.
That's interesting because I wasn't really feeling the soles on them either. Any recommendations on other inexpensive ones?

genericman

Reaction score
^^ they are very good. buy them

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
Oxblood wingtips perhaps? He stated he already has dark brown.
+1

Or cigar shell PTB's. Shown on the left:

shelltop.jpg

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Those NDC's are nice! What did you have done to them?

Thanks. I treated them to a custom insole since they run noticeably bigger than my other NDCs in the same size and were anything but comfortable when I got them a while ago. Especially the heel slipping annoyed the heck out of me...

All's well that ends well. =)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Thanks. I treated them to a custom insole since they run noticeably bigger than my other NDCs in the same size and were anything but comfortable when I got them a while ago. Especially the heel slipping annoyed the heck out of me...

All's well that ends well. =)

It seems like NDC sizing is all over the place. I have some suede loafers and they are really narrow, but the length is right.

Marton

Reaction score
Just like to share customs I had made a month ago based on an alden indy
5071482962_4214b54f06_z.jpg
Swapped the cloth laces for leather ones
5070945035_838075f23d_z.jpg

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looking for alternatives to JV Six O Sixes I've seen a lot of stuff by Moma, N.D.C. etc but it's all been suede or black leather, which I'm not interested in. Really looking for that hand made look + medium height shaft in dark brown leather. Any ideas? I kinda like these Superdrys, but they look a little too tall:
image1xl.jpg

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^cop W+H service boots (best choice) or Wolvie 1000mi (less expensive alternative)

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
^cop W+H service boots (best choice) or Wolvie 1000mi (less expensive alternative)
I thought about those before. Can I wear them with the top open + my jeans tucked into them?

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you could with the W+H moreso than the Wolverine's

(I need to pick up a pair of brown W+H's, I need a distressed brown boot in my life)

btw: no hate but those Superdry's are fug (so is everything I've ever seen by them fwiw)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I thought about those before. Can I wear them with the top open + my jeans tucked into them?

only with the Wings+Horns.

Honestly though Gray Suede is your best option IMO especially if you're planning to tuck.

Anyway Fuji is repping those All Saints boots so maybe you should check them out.

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Is that a real dog, Moo? (0)

I wouldn't let my dogs anywhere near my shoes. Or anything I value for that matter. Untrained German shepherds. :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads