1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

saw this on sufu. any shoes out there like this? looks kinda like the gt but with that stitch on the end of the boot and a different (sleeker imo) sole. [​IMG]

2. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

saw this on sufu. any shoes out there like this? looks kinda like the gt but with that stitch on the end of the boot and a different (sleeker imo) sole.

[​IMG]

Check out the Red Wing Iron Ranger.

3. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

that's brown though...is there a black version of that?

4. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

that's brown though...is there a black version of that?
    Hmm, those look dark brown to me... At any rate, no black IR's at this point that I'm aware of. Here are a few shots of my IR's @ 10 or so wears: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

6. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

7. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

8. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Hey, what would you guys recommend as a winter boot (or maybe shoe) that has the same "feel" as boat shoes, other than those odd BoO boat boots? Wingtips immediately come to mind (I know Alden and Paul Smith make nice ones), but are there any other styles worth considering?

9. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

Hey, what would you guys recommend as a winter boot (or maybe shoe) that has the same "feel" as boat shoes, other than those odd BoO boat boots? Wingtips immediately come to mind (I know Alden and Paul Smith make nice ones), but are there any other styles worth considering?
    Alden Indy Boots, available in Cordovan with commando soles too at Alden of Carmel

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I posted a question regarding the Boot Co. by Timberland shoes on the Men's Clothing section that might not get too much love as here possibly so figured I'd try here. Here's the recent FW collection: http://www.timberlandbootcompany.com...llection&sz=36

Does anyone have any experience with sizing (say in relation to Clarks or other popular SW&D shoe brands) and quality in general on these? They lace up oxfords seem just the kind of shoe that can morph from jeans to dress pants like I've been looking for, but hesitant to purchase on a whim with the high price tags. Any info would really be apprecaited!

11. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Which brand of jeans are those, playah.

Just posted these to the PS thread, but thought I would post them here as well.

Just received these PS corso boots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. FashionIQ

FashionIQ Senior member

13. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

Already posted this in the Sperry TopSiders Chukka thread, but it might be relevant here too. Sportsman's Guide is selling a different model of Sperry's chukkas (in nubuck leather) for $22: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=438864 They have other colors than the taupe shown, but no pics on the website. The catalog has pics of the black, "smoked elk" (light grey-green), and sonora (an orangish tan), but the taupe color is the best colorway, imo.

14. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

saw this on sufu. any shoes out there like this? looks kinda like the gt but with that stitch on the end of the boot and a different (sleeker imo) sole.

[​IMG]

any more info on this boot?

15. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Not a fan of sneakers...

[​IMG]

16. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

17. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

I remember seeing somewhere a pair of GT's that someone had resoled with a nicer, maybe double leather sole that looked really good. Anyone know what I am talking about?

My soles are starting to get pretty bad of my GT's and I am thinking about doing the same, was hoping to find some pics.

18. korce

korce Senior member

My unsneaker collection: [​IMG] From left to right: One True Saxon Moc ("Karl"), Dack's Black Brogue, Dack's Brown Brogue, Canali Chukka's, Dayton Service Boots, Paul Smith Dickens - Missing: Black Clark's DB's

19. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Not a fan of sneakers...

[​IMG]

Or shoe trees.

20. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Or shoe trees.

I've never been introduced as to why I need to use shoe trees. Why are they necessary?