The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah that's a good price. You'll like them much more than those aldos.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    How's the quality of the following brands: Buttero, Fiorentini & Baker, N.D.C?

Also I've seen mixed reviews of Frye boots. Are they just crappy?

Both Fiorentini + Baker and N.D.C. are great quality. I would put N.D.C. over F + B, but not by a large margine. I don't think you would go wrong with either.

I don't own any, but have heard Frye has really gone down in quality over the years.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

buttero>ndc>fb>frye would be my guess haven't handled much fb and frye and I would have ranked buttero=ndc but people have said ndc is not the same as when I had some
    Buttero-NDC>F+B.......................................................................................................................>Frye Made in USA.....>Frye Made in Mexico In other boot news, Barneys picked up a new brand (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that is so strange to me. The leather they use is unbelievably soft, like handbag or glove leather. Shit's going to get torn up in minutes of wear (brand new, I could mold any part of the boot including the toe and heel with my hands and light pressure, everywhere else was just floppy)

4. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

Yea reading through the reviews, it looks like they're not as awesome as the pics depict.

So with that I ask, SW&D, any suggestions for a maroon/cognac colored brogue toe boot w/the same kind of handmade delicacy as these? I'm more looking for the 'rural farmer in Spain' stee for my boots... $250 is fine....

[​IMG]

loake banks

5. dron

dron Senior member

or grenson sharp

6. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

[​IMG]

loake banks

The Banks is a nice boot. Just be careful the last it is made on is wide. Also the finish does rub off on lighter colored pants.

7. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Boots by Loake, Grenson and other UK shoemakers can be had be around $250 if you order from the UK (most sites also include the 17.5% VAT in their prices and will take it off for international orders). You can also find cheaper on ebay.

If you want to go higher end, Trickers can sometimes be found for $200-300 on ebay if you're patient.

And of course, you can always take the plunge and get some Aldens.

btw - I think retricker1829 is the ebay selling name for the Tricker's factory store, and a good seller to check out if you want to do the ebay thing. I have gotten them to deduct the VAT as well from their ebay sales (both of mine are from the ebay seller), and I believe they have something to that effect on the ebay item pages.

I like to think of Tricker's as being higher end than Alden, but it is a close call.

8. ayo4yayo

ayo4yayo New Member

you can never go wrong with Varvatos or To Boot New York IMO

9. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

you can never go wrong with Varvatos or To Boot New York IMO

I've been looking at some of the ToBoot boots

does anyone know if they are Blake rapid stitched or what the construction is? they're made in Italy so I'm making a guess about what it's most likely to be

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

paul smith does absolutely zero for me

12. Binker

Binker Senior member

[​IMG] love my camel suede triumph collabs but I generally feel the same way, PS shape and styling is just a little too dainty plus I think guidi has ruined all other boots for me

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

paul smith does absolutely zero for me
    you're ghey:
    [​IMG]

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] love my camel suede triumph collabs but I generally feel the same way, PS shape and styling is just a little too dainty plus I think guidi has ruined all other boots for me
    If you're bothered by them, I'll take those off your hands [​IMG] Those are a personal grail of mine, though more in the black than the tan (and I regret posting the dark brown ones on here, should have just kopped those myself instead of hoping for another black)

15. Binker

Binker Senior member

I didn't even know there was a black colorway in those. suede or leather? have any pics saved?