The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. z7f9q

z7f9q Senior member

I don't know what size you wear, but this is the seller I got them from. Last I looked he had a variety of sizes. I also know for a fact that he has some sizes not listed currently in his Ebay store since I messaged him directly about my size, which was not at the time. Worth a look and maybe reaching out to him too, if you like them. [​IMG]

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Two better shots for those interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

sole is way too thin and heel is way too thick looks rather awkward and disproportioned

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    sole is way too thin and heel is way too thick looks rather awkward and disproportioned

I guess that's a matter of preference and taste. I love sleek leather soles. [​IMG]

5. bma

bma Senior member

anyone know where i can boots that look like these? maybe in a darker color? [​IMG]

6. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

why does the online store pic make them look so hideous?

8. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

anyone know where i can boots that look like these? maybe in a darker color?

Looks like the Red Wing 877 (Irish Setter, I think). You can get deadstock made in the USA versions on ebay for about $150 that look virtually like this. Some of the smaller details might be different - I think I see white contrast stitching and differences in the logoes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-WING-877-IRI...item335e539a1a

I don't know if you can get them darker, although you probably darken them yourself with some sort of leather treatment (maybe sno-seal, maybe a mink oil treatment, maybe a dark brown cream/wax treatment).

9. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

Jcrew is a straight up collab with red wing, but I remember UO and Lands End canvas makes cheap knockoff version of those in darker colors.

10. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Hey guys. I have been looking for a pair of plain toe black boots for a while. I was thinking about the White's Retro Semi Dress Chromexel. But then I came across the Tricker's Burford. The Burford seems more dressy and the White's more rugged. I am trying to find the perfect style between clunky work boot and dressy Aldenesque boot. I will probably never wear them with anything other than denim. Any thoughts?

11. meso

meso Senior member

Hey guys. I have been looking for a pair of plain toe black boots for a while. I was thinking about the White's Retro Semi Dress Chromexel. But then I came across the Tricker's Burford. The Burford seems more dressy and the White's more rugged. I am trying to find the perfect style between clunky work boot and dressy Aldenesque boot. I will probably never wear them with anything other than denim. Any thoughts?

I think your read is about right. I wouldn't go so far as to call the Trickers dressier, but White's are serious work boots. My semi-dress boots are amazing and I can walk all day in them and my feet are fine. The arch support is amazing. Both look great with jeans. Tough to go wrong.

12. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

[​IMG]

Alden ?

13. rick

rick Senior member

Alden ?

those are polo

14. rustyshack

rustyshack Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble finding any plain soft leather oxfords with leather soles in wide sizes that are casual, any suggestions? Or am I going to have to keep playing the sizing up game?

15. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Where can I find boots like these, but in black? Looking for a pair with black soles too. Someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    [​IMG]