Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

Oh lords of style,

Can anyone recommend me a pair of combat boots in either black or brown, and where I could purchase one? I'm looking to spend around $200 - $300, and am having trouble finding a good pair that I like.

2. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

The Levis boots are out of stock already at Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Poised-Boot/dp/B0039VGY34 If you want to pay full price in the $ 200 range, then of course you don't have to worry about sales and things selling out.

I liked my new boots enough to get them in Black AND Brown. Too early to wear them I admit. Still wearing all my colorful Pumas and high top sneakers I bought 6 months ago for the remainder of summer. I work in the fashion industry so shopping for Fall is NOT too early. It's already too late to shop the 80's revival trend now, even if prices are attractive. I am already looking forward to some colorful suede loafers for Spring 2011. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...-trends-062210

Don't expect too many guys to pay attention to fashion trends the same way as I do. I am not a typical dude who wears cargo shorts with flip flops.

STFU, you wear $30 boots.

3. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

Any tips how to make DM boots look more vintage faster? (Yeah, sure, wear them a lot. [​IMG] ) I've got the cappers in oxblood and they're great, but still too shiny and new-looking. I've polished them partially with black shoecream and that helped a lot. Any suggestions?

4. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Any tips how to make DM boots look more vintage faster? (Yeah, sure, wear them a lot. [​IMG] ) I've got the cappers in oxblood and they're great, but still too shiny and new-looking. I've polished them partially with black shoecream and that helped a lot. Any suggestions?
    Wear the shit out of them. Exercise in them. Go running through the park in them. Get them scuffed up, knock off the dirt/dust with the brush and throw a few coats of polish on them, rinse/repeat. Really, it's no big deal and the more you think about it, the worse it gets, mentally.. Watched pot never boils, etc. Just wear them daily and before you know it, you'll look down and say "Goddamn, these are some busted up, vintage DMs.. awesome!"

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

crosspost from recent purchases; margiela, from ebay. absolutely beautiful in person.

[​IMG]

6. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

I posted this in the Clarks DB thread but figured I might as well here too. I'll be moving to Manhattan this month and am looking for a pair of boots for the fall/winter/rain/snow. I will really only be walking around the city and occasionally going to Montreal.

I'm debating between Clarks DBs in Beeswax or these (minus USA flag) http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-6-american-made-gq-boot

Obviously they are two very different kinds of boots, but can anyone with more experience in the city provide advice?

7. hastur

hastur Senior member

Stay away from Frye. Look for Buttero, F&B, ndc on sale.

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Frye? I've never worn or seen any of their boots in person, is there something wrong with the quality? Not worth the price or what?

8. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Frye? I've never worn or seen any of their boots in person, is there something wrong with the quality? Not worth the price or what?

Their USA made stuff is fine, but most of their boots are now made in Mexico, and the quality isn't worth the price. If you can score a pair for 100 or less it may be a decent value.

9. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

crosspost from recent purchases; margiela, from ebay. absolutely beautiful in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I've seen several pair that look alright in pictures, like these recently:
    [​IMG]
    but there's always something off about the shape and the leather treatment when seen in person.

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

OK, need to decide...

I am torn between a couple of totally different styles of shoes.

Choice 1:Clarks in Black Suede. I have the sand ones and they are great with jeans but clash with khakis entirely...

Choice 2:Vintage 1460 Docs in Black. Admittedly the nostalgia choice from my high school punk days.

Choice 3:Alden Indy or other work boot.

In a perfect world, I'd be buying all three. But, instead, I am only buying one of these and I can't decide which way to go...

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

the price jump is huge you could get 1&2 for price of 3. that said, go with aldens

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I also wear $ 20 Converse. So do hundreds of guys on this forum.

no we don't stop posting fuckstick

14. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

PSA for all you hobbits out there: revolve re-stocked the black wolverine 1000 mile in size 8. go forth and kop. oh and it's on sale for $179 and i think there is a code floating around. you lucky hobbit fucks...

15. hastur

hastur Senior member

PSA for all you hobbits out there: revolve re-stocked the black wolverine 1000 mile in size 8. go forth and kop. oh and it's on sale for $179 and i think there is a code floating around. you lucky hobbit fucks...

I picked up the last size 9 they had (sized down 1) last time they had that sale. Got em for $143 shipped and couldn't be happier with them.