1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. onion

onion Senior member

I didnt see any postings of mark nason shoes/boots. whats everyone's take on this style vs. the boots that have been posted already? im torn between the classic look and trendy.

Mark Nason produces, imo, the ugliest shoes and boots in the entire world, bar none. I really don't know if I've ever seen shoes/boots I despise as much as some of Mark Nason's creations. I think his general idea for boot making is similar to Christian Audigier shirt making, which is to basically put as much stupid, useless, over-the-top shit on an item as possible. The square toe, horrible distressing, crosses everywhere turn me off completely. That is pretty much everything I do NOT want in a shoe, all combined in one.

Quality wise, I have no idea.

Buy them if you like them, as you are the one who has to wear them, I'm just saying, you would never catch me in a pair.

2. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i think it depends on the hem or how much stacking you got on the bottom. it doesn't look chunky at all to me either my denim's hem covers most of or the stacking at the bottom hides it.

edit: i just notice it only looks really chunky from the side when i wear them unless my hem is covering it.

3. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

I posted this in the APC thread but maybe you guys can help out..

Does anyone know where I can buy APC boots online? Size 45? the official website lists them as sold out.

Or something in a similar look

4. changeofpace

changeofpace Well-Known Member

^ probably a workboot. this is the streetwear forum. what we need to know is how much he's willing to spend..

Probably ~$300

5. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Just wondering what you consider clunky and awkward I guess? If you're referencing the Doc Martin army, then I'd agree with you. The LL Bean Engineer boots a while back then not so much.

Ya get me?

I'd like to know if these are chunky and awkward by his standards as well.

My recent pick up,

[​IMG]

old pic of my Grensons,
    [​IMG]

I also wear Red Wing 1907s which I know are kind of chunky and RW 1909s and Alden 405s which I think are not as much. But if I'm wearing a boot I prefer it have some substance. I don't care for PS for the very same reason Kaiser probably likes them; I find they're too dramatically sleek for my tastes.

6. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Beautiful boots. Are those Stows? What about the Grensons? Comfortable?

7. Say

Say Senior member

i really like these rag & bone boots, but i've never seen them in person, so it makes it hard to pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

8. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

i really like these rag & bone boots, but i've never seen them in person, so it makes it hard to pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

If you dont mind, where did you seem them online at?

9. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

My Red Wing Iron Rangers arrived today...

Here are a few quick and dirties of 'em paired with my APC NS's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

^^ Wow, I'm impressed with those. They look great.

11. tuba74

tuba74 Member

onion,
    I do agree they do go over the top with the studs. I guess what im trying to compare with the shoe postings here is not necessarily mark nason but that type of style (not the studs and such but more of the shape of the shoe)- Aldo, etc.

12. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Beautiful boots. Are those Stows? What about the Grensons? Comfortable?

Yeah, the top ones are Stows. The Grensons have kind of worn in to be one of my most comfortable actually. It's not really visible in the photo but they're also full on commando soles which makes them rather nice rugged boots for stomping about.

13. THE DRIP 215

THE DRIP 215 New Member

i need the common projects desert sand boot i think its called..anybody know where I can find them? preferably by mail order?

14. confab

confab Well-Known Member

A lot of great boots on this thread, those Grensons look terrific. I picked up a pair of Iron Rangers over Christmas, I'll post pics in a month or two when they're fully worn in.

15. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Probably ~$300
    You could get a pair of Paul Smiths for that price (paulsmith.co.uk and milanclothing.com have them on sale). Or for more of a beefy type of a boot you could look at Frye (Brando?).

17. changeofpace

changeofpace Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have 2 pairs of PS shoes. I like some of their boots, but they don't have my sizes currently.

Red Wings are also just a touch away from being nice. I like those posted above, but something about them keeps me away from purchasing them. I think it's the toe area and the color lacks life, to me.

I'll check out Frye.

18. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

i need to get myself some augusta shoes.

19. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Here's a few of my boots, from left to right.

Timberland Pro waterproof insulated work boots.
    My world famous Ariat Ropers.
    Ariat leather heel and sole ridin' boots.

All well used and loved of course.

[​IMG]

20. samurai

samurai Senior member

Augusta brown lace up boots
    ]
    [​IMG]

Really nice patina on that boot. What do you do or not do as far as maintenance and polishing?