The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Stu42

Stu42 Member

Stu42, what are those boat shoes and chukkas in the second picture? Brand?

Hey, they are both made by n.d.c. I have seen them in quite a few colour variations here:
    http://www.thecorner.com/N_D_C__MADE..._C2/4294962910

2. Stu42

Stu42 Member

What do you think about these Gravitypope shoes? I guess they are the online retailer's own brand. They are pretty inexpensive but look like some of the pricier items on the site.

I can definitely say that these are a quality shoe, and worth the price. A friend of mine bought them a few months ago.

3. as_

as_ Senior member

- wrong thread

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

How are these Jack Purcells? They go for $75. Thinking about getting a pair.
    [pic of sneakers deleted]

This is "The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please" - you might want to ask this question in a different thread to get a better response.

5. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Can anyone recommend a high quality, light-colored calfskin boot for casual summer wear? Have enough darker colored boots and I'm looking for something a bit 'sunnier' in the rotation. As a point of reference, the Red Wing GT in chestnut comes to mind in terms of color--but I'm open to other light browns and different styles as well.

Not looking for suede at this point, and I'm not worried too much about a summer-weight construction (as in unlined chukka, or whatnot) as it just doesn't get warm enough here for that to be an issue. I wouldn't mind finding something by Alden, as I know my sizing, but nothing from them has jumped out at me that isn't darker. I'm open to other suggestions, particularly nice leather make-ups that last a while and look great as they age.

Not interested in shell cordovan (for this boot) or Clark's (have some) or Red Wings (just not interested--not sure why).

Also, if somebody happens to have a boot that they love and seems to fit what I'm looking for, I would love to see pics.
    Thx.

6. NateTheGreat26

NateTheGreat26 New Member

How are these Diesel boots for $98?

[​IMG]

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Terrible

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Why did you post those twice

9. as_

as_ Senior member

This is "The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please" - you might want to ask this question in a different thread to get a better response.
    Fuck, sorry. I posted this in the wrong thread.

10. yamete

yamete Senior member

what kind of ankle boots go well with slim jeans with a narrow leg openning, such as DH 19cm? also just in general, what kind to go when i wear a 3/4 length black coat? I dont want it to be too chunky as im a shortie, so chunky boots with long coat would make me look even shorter. thankx

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

try some PS

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i believe smith, paul smith

13. yamete

yamete Senior member

i took a look on ps's website and didnt really find any boot that caught my eyes. most of their toes seem to sharp for me. to be specific, im not looking for something dressy as i plan wear them in the snow during the winter, but not chunky boots such as timberland either as they'd look weird with rather slim jeans. I like the shape and look of all leather desert boots alot, only if they can be a little bit lower on the back and a little bit smaller on the upper openning so my jeans wont be stacking on them like crazy. thanks!

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

PS has really been off lately. I haven't liked the last two seasons. Bring back rickards and sunset boots.