The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Zippy I'm surprised you don't have a pair of blue PSs

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

^ Actually, I've got a pair of light blue PS Millers.

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Cross post with Alden thread:Alden Whiskey Shell Long Wings w/commando sole. I plan to wear the hell out of these this summer.

If you had come up to me on the street and said "Longwings with a commando sole" to me I'd probably give you a [​IMG] look.

However, seeing the picture I'm pretty much in love. Those look incredible.

My other blue shoes. Lobb, AE, Duckie, Alden.
    [​IMG]

Quoted for awesome-ness. I'm really regretting not getting those blue Florsheims off the B&S when they were up, although my wardrobe is too boring to make those work anyways.

5. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

For reasons unclear to me, I'm unnaturally drawn to blue shoes. Florsheim by Duckie Brown via B&S. Made in India using Horween leather. Construction seems okay for the price paid ($215). I wouldn't pay retail for them though ($399). My other blue shoes. Lobb, AE, Duckie, Alden.
    I love all of those. The Lobb are prob my favorite there. I was very interested in the Duckie Browns but I read the quality was not as good as some of the other Florsheim's. What do you think of the quality?
    I'd say ~$600. They are very nice.
    $950 IIRC. But the quality is fantastic and I have not seen shell in #6 anywhere else. I love Alden's but these have a better finish than Alden's.
    Ron is a really nice guy as well as giving massive value for money. I want some balmoral MTO next year.
    Yes. Ron knows a lot about men's clothing in a very approachable way and offers quality products. He is great to deal with.
    If you had come up to me on the street and said "Longwings with a commando sole" to me I'd probably give you a [​IMG] look. However, seeing the picture I'm pretty much in love. Those look incredible.
    Before this board I would have done the same thing. I have learned a lot from everyone here. [​IMG]

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I love all of those. The Lobb are prob my favorite there. I was very interested in the Duckie Browns but I read the quality was not as good as some of the other Florsheim's. What do you think of the quality?

I don't have any experience with other Florsheims but the DBs seem of reasonable quality.
    Perhaps comparable to AE. Given the color, I don't think I'll be wearing them enough to really test how well they're made.
    There are some silver ones I saw at Barney's that I'll consider if they're still around after second markdown.

7. Astan

Astan Senior member

My other blue shoes. Lobb, AE, Duckie, Alden.
    [​IMG]

Truly praiseworthy. [​IMG]

8. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

$950 IIRC. But the quality is fantastic and I have not seen shell in #6 anywhere else. I love Alden's but these have a better finish than Alden's.

Yes. Ron knows a lot about men's clothing in a very approachable way and offers quality products. He is great to deal with.

Before this board I would have done the same thing. I have learned a lot from everyone here. [​IMG]

What does the shell #6 refer to?[​IMG]

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

What does the shell #6 refer to?[​IMG]

The color.

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Anyone own the Grenson Derek? I tried on a pair of dark brown suede Dereks at the Nordstrom in Union Square and thought they were great. I only wish they came in a lighter color.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Pretty sure those rider boots are $1100ish. I've had a bookmark on them for like a year but can't afford. Calf ones are cheaper; 750 range iirc.

EDIT: Nm, those are the brogued ones. 1k it is.

12. Keebs

Keebs Member

Red wing boots are amazing. I have owned my pair for over three years now, and still have them re-conditioned for free. I love my red wing boots, great with jeans.
    [​IMG]

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

The color.
    Yes, it is the color of the shell. The standard darker cordovan color is #8, which can pass for black when new and in lower lighting and #6 is lighter. Good luck.

14. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Just some of my daily wear shoes.

Herring Boots
    [​IMG]

Loakes with a Dianite sole for the wet
    [​IMG]

Suede Flex Welt Alden Chukkas
    [​IMG]

Allen Edmonds Chester
    [​IMG]

15. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Herring Boots
    [​IMG]

WOW! [​IMG] All very nice and no duplicates. I like the Herring Boots most.