1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

[​IMG]

yuketen hunt boots...is it hard to pull off this look? i tried searching, but couldn't find pics of them being worn..

Holy fuck those are ugly

2. jet

jet Senior member

damn dude why did you have to requote that pic

3. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

I tried on the leather hunt boots and the profile on the sole is not so pronounced when worn.
    Those woven ones are sooooooooo good.
    Def would be hard to pull off though.

4. samblackbones

I bought a new camera and thought I'd practice on some Yuketen boat shoes that I think are beautiful
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These have seen heavy wear for about 6 months and are still in awesome shape - better with age.
    They also do not stink or stick after frequent use without socks.

5. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

not impressed by either of yukuten offerings.
    my peasant sperry's look better than either of those shoes.

6. samblackbones

The Yuketens don't start to stink like the sperry's I have had, and are examples of american artisanship.
    My pics do not necessarily do these shoes justice, but if you tried 'em you would like 'em.

7. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

The Yuketens don't start to stink like the sperry's I have had, and are examples of american artisanship.
    My pics do not necessarily do these shoes justice, but if you tried 'em you would like 'em.

I was going to jokingly say something about made in america or union made but you came in and did it for me. (Yukuten sucks, really) Thanks.

9. confab

confab Well-Known Member

10. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

when i'm looking at replacements for my sperry's i often find myself eyeing quoddy over yukuten. not a big fan of the alaskan indian vibe they have going on.

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

My favorite pairs atm : Alden Plain toe boots burgundy WalkOver Longwing tan pebble Alden Indy 403 [​IMG]

12. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Burgundy boots look boss.

13. acl1

acl1 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thorogood horsehide boots. Just starting to break in, about 12-15 wears. The depth and variation of color is amazing. I'm actually wondering if I should sell these, as they've always been a bit long, so let me know if you'd be interested in these for cheap. They'd be best for 10 - 10.5, maybe even a slim 11.

14. samblackbones

Yuketens don't suck though, really.
    Yuki Matsuda is a badass, the shoes hold up to serious abuse and get better with age. They are well made and comfortable. I love the Native American vibe, but that is in part because I am fond of my country and its history.

15. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

IIIRD - Let us know what you decide on. I think I'm pretty set with the single, block heel, and then get a half sole put on. Also, I'm not a fan of the swing last from what I've seen.
    sure will! .... & oh, as for the swing last, i find the captoe version of the Americana to my liking__ i'm going for bulk up front w/double celastic toes.

[​IMG]

^^^^what are those?[/quote]
    Looks like some custom whites boots.
    i think they're Japanese version semidress.

16. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thorogood horsehide boots. Just starting to break in, about 12-15 wears. The depth and variation of color is amazing. I'm actually wondering if I should sell these, as they've always been a bit long, so let me know if you'd be interested in these for cheap. They'd be best for 10 - 10.5, maybe even a slim 11.

I might be interested, how much?

17. Wretched

Wretched Active Member

yuketen hunt boots...is it hard to pull off this look? i tried searching, but couldn't find pics of them being worn..

That Yuketen looks like an ugly slipper glued on top of a giant pork rind.

18. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

My favorite pairs atm :

Alden Plain toe boots burgundy
    WalkOver Longwing tan pebble
    Alden Indy 403

[​IMG]

Nice plain toes.

19. jet

jet Senior member

warren more deets on the plain toes

20. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Yuketens don't suck though, really. Yuki Matsuda is a badass, the shoes hold up to serious abuse and get better with age. They are well made and comfortable. I love the Native American vibe, but that is in part because I am fond of my country and its history.
    You mean the part where settlers killed them all and then made the rest drunkards?