• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Streetwear LOAFER Challenge: 5/7 - 5/21

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We haven't had one of these in a while, have we? @FrankCowperwood recommended the theme on instagram, and it seems pretty good to me. With that said, here's the idea behind the Loafer Challenge:

All you have to do is wear loafers. Since this is a SW&D challenge, you don't need to have Pitti-ready leather loafer, but all shoes must be slip-ons at the least (and may not be sandals or clogs). It also means I will allow espadrilles. If you have no loafers, you are permitted to wear Vans - but if you have loafers, wear 'em.

If all you do is post your worn jeans and favorite Vans, I may not disqualify you but I will at least give you the severe side eye (for example, if you're set on wearing Vans, try wearing them with something you usually wouldn't pick). I encourage everyone to get creative, as usual. I'd like to think there's a spectrum of possibilities here, so let's see if we can unseat @beepbop, the current (I think) king of the SW&D loafer.

All CM posters are invited to participate, but ties are NOT ALLOWED. Other than that...no rules. Let the battle of love and justice begin.

This will run through Sunday, May 21st, and voting will begin on the 22nd. The victor will receive a custom title from @LA Guy. He doesn't know that yet, though, so let's make the entries worthwhile.

Some Inspiration (share your own, if you have it):
3b8c546b28994daf8627eb9eded1d60a.jpg
a86f608c599d0aa4f3f026b10227d674.jpg
marsell-black-strasacco-slip-on-product-2-659845648-normal.jpeg
tumblr_opk3gqIDQW1r8bgano1_1280.jpg
xWzbMdX.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Loafers are so comfy, you've been missing out

I have a couple of pairs of slip-ons that get a lot of wear in the summer (Vans, Buttero, and a pair of Diemmes I've been looking forward to breaking out), but nothing welted.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a couple of pairs of slip-ons that get a lot of wear in the summer (Vans, Buttero, and a pair of Diemmes I've been looking forward to breaking out), but nothing welted.
Obviously, this is your chance to branch out into a pair of tasseled leopard-print feetsie-covers

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
you're all heathens. the sartorial gods will smite you all. loafers, you say?! LOAFERS?!?!

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Synthese - feel free to disqualify this as it took place a week or so before this challenge began, but thought I would put this out there to get things started:

2017-04-23_19-06-32_850.jpeg

This is about as dressed up as I can get near the beach without getting the bro side-eye.

EGx2
MonitalyxNMWA
Alden

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads