• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

sftiger

Reaction score
Doesn't look as bad here:

1632858953057.png

JJ Katz

Reaction score
I mean, you can actually see the fabric pulling all along his arm. He must lose feeling in his hands within 15 minutes of donning that.... :)

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arms look tight in both shots.
Especially unflattering with the color and texture already so prominent.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Two of the hottest women on Earth right now in the same picture looking fabulous as all get out and all y'alls are going on about some middle-aged gajillionaire's single-use jacket. Well all right then.... #justSFthings

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two of the hottest women on Earth right now in the same picture looking fabulous as all get out and all y'alls are going on about some middle-aged gajillionaire's single-use jacket. Well all right then.... #justSFthings
I don’t know who they are (presumably Bond actors?) but they really aren’t. Significantly better lookers are a dime a dozen in just about any moderately sized city.
Not a fan of the bumblebee gown. Other one is pretty.
Though, in fairness, most people look exceedingly mediocre when stripped down to the bare essentials. Lord knows I'm not even sniffing mediocrity.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Someone seems to have confused this for hotwomenarehot.com.

In reality, both can be true. They can be the hottest women on the planet and his dinner jacket can be ****.

His dinner jacket is ****, btw.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not with those hairstyles!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daniel Craig at the No Time To Die premiere:
I would totally wear that color dinner jacket, just not that jacket. As others have more or less pointed out, it's too small for him. The sleeves are too short, the body of the jacket is too shots, the arms are too tights, it's too small around his waist, and the buttoning point is not flattering. But the color!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Further to Daniel Craig's pink velvet dinner jacket, I was astonished to learn that it is Anderson & Sheppard bespoke.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Further to Daniel Craig's pink velvet dinner jacket, I was astonished to learn that it is Anderson & Sheppard bespoke.
Might as well be off the rack! At least the fabric is awesome looking.

Turns out the pants are bespoke from Henry Poole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads