• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think quarter line if it’s gonna be a three piece and you’re gonna wear a waistcoat. Plus the fabric Im using is pure silk so it’s gonna run hot
Get that waist coat backless...

Faux Brummell

Reaction score
The State of Black Tie: Halloween edition!
I guess I’m no threat to Julia Roberts but I think my wife gave Richard Gere a run for his money. #PrettyWoman

3BBC037F-A297-478D-A924-EBAC04813A97.png

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that you with the blue wings?
Nah I am the beard in the brown trilby "fedora"

P.s. first time wearing my linen viscose pleated dinner shirt...very sheer but very cool

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perth, Western Australia. We have been fortunate enough to party since July. Again most isolated capital city in the world. Had strict lockdowns late March which was eased after four weeks in.
No resurgence recently? Lucky you!
Here in america they posted the worst daily infection rate ever on Saturday. But not to worry, I’ve been reliably informed “we are rounding the turn”.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No resurgence recently? Lucky you!
Here in america they posted the worst daily infection rate ever on Saturday. But not to worry, I’ve been reliably informed “we are rounding the turn”.
As of yet no but we have reopened the borders to other states so that remains to be seen. I should have replied it was a private party on a private island trying to gain some sense of normalcy

sftiger

Reaction score
As of yet no but we have reopened the borders to other states so that remains to be seen. I should have replied it was a private party on a private island trying to gain some sense of normalcy

Those seem to be popular during COVID!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe no one here needs bowties but if you do, Drake's archives sale have them for 15 quid each.

jiredell

Reaction score
I'm also going to ask this question on the Ongoing Bespoke thread, but thought I'd post here as well for others' thoughts.

I'm slowly building my bespoke wardrobe. I have a grey suit and a navy suit. My thoughts are that the next logical addition would be a tuxedo. My reasoning is that the bespoke suits are of far superior quality and fit overall to my OTR wardrobe, and they are special, and a tuxedo ought to be the same. I was thinking of maybe getting a sport coat first, but since I could, conceivably, mix the trousers and jackets of the grey and navy suits, I've got that base covered for the time being. And, I've already many other OTR suits and sports coats to fill out my wardrobe. Anyway, would appreciate your thoughts if you have any.

My current tuxedo is a Joseph Abboud. It's just okay, but it serves its purpose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads