• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The sport sedan choice- A4/3/C

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
cosigned. If you don't need the extra two-doors, the A5 is the waaaayyy to go. Srsly, I am dying to buy one.

the a5 sportback has 4 doors

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
the a5 sportback has 4 doors

I haven't seen that one yet; maybe it hasn't come out up north (?)
confused.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
^
it is out here in europe

you're in Europe? I thought you would have been located in the states.

Also, I looked it up on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A5#Audi_A5_Sportback

The Sportback model will only be available in Europe, Japan, Mexico and South Africa, and will start at EUR 36,050. It is designed to be "as emotional and elegant as a coupe, as comfortable as a sedan, and as practical as an Avant" according to Audi.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^_^ but on the intertubes i am everywhere =)

so it won't be coming to the states..pity
where i live pricing starts at just over €40k for a barebones model

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I'm curious; have you or are you going to pick one up? I'm dying for a simple A5 coupe. I'd like an S5 convertible, but I duzn't haz teh munniez
frown.gif

oh yeah and FWIW Canadafag reporting in..even if the U.S got it, I'd still be SOL.
frown.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no.
i test drove the s5 but i don't like it. if an rs5 came along, maybe.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the money it did not feel as sorted as the previous rs4 (when the suspension was fine)
horrible horrible shiney icecube tray in the front

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why they bother with the S5 sportback and an A4 avant and then we only get the a4 avant, but whatever.

The S5 is underengined at its price point.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Why not just buy another E30 BMW? I have one as my Daily Driver and there easy enough to keep running. Parts aren't to bad. The car still looks good and drives well. Starting the rattle though, but after 200,000 miles I guess you could expect that. It's an 325ix by the way, all-wheel drive E30. Snow covered roads do not stop it, drives better then most 4x4's on the road, no computer controlled stability control though. I could understand if you want something newer though. I'd go with another BMW. I really like the straight 6.... BMW's all-wheel drive system is the best I've ever driven with as well. E30 BMW's: Easy to fix up: -New shocks and control arms -New belts -New wiper blades -New Tires -New Stereo and speakers -New Computer Chip -Paint touch up -Check brake pads $2K worth of stuff for a great car to make it feel new again.
17692_1024.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads