• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The speedy, unfair but never vicious, Bowties-in-WAYWRN review thread

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'll start … This is hard to fault without implicitly criticizing thrifting. Well done. I ask, however, all wide bowtie wearers to try, at least experimentally, making their bows no wider than their eyes. Just for ***** and giggles. I also give you a Lifetime Achievement Award for asymmetrical cuff sprezz. No man I have seen so often has one cuff hiding like Whitey… -B.
Therein lies the problem with my pencil-necked brethren. Even at the smallest setting, often Brooks ties approach too large for my 14-14.5"-necked self. My head, unfortunately, is stupid large. At times, I resemble Mr. Mackey. My left cuff was camera shy. It appeared immediately after this photo. I'll add your award to my trophy room.

HenryFlower

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncle Theodore
Bowties can look very cool or very un cool
Paging the Doctor:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well played, Henry

I will be posting these new photographs to WAYWRN as soon as I can be bothered, but I trust the fact that this bow cannot be wider than my eyes by design will amuse our Bill, at least

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
Vox, if you tipped better and more often like your neighbours do, maybe I'd throw the Sunday paper on your porch!
laugh.gif

I think you'll have more fun reviewing this one, taken when I was at an art gallery opening (my eyes may give away how late in the party this photo was taken):

225914_10150590784540431_674160430_18336595_3670293_n.jpg

Not a bad look--except you are about to spill your drink on you Lobbs. It must have been very late in the party as the girl leaning on you has a mustache.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a very self serving post, as are most of my posts really. i just wanted to drop by and say this thread will bring much good advise and good fun to the styling forums. bravo as usual sir vox. as you were.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I saw this originally. Here are the bullets:

• Bow? Tied the way that I like to see them.
  • Belt? Showing like I don't like to see them.
  • Forefinger ring? Rather papal.
  • Holding wine glasses by the bowl? Will cause simultaneous fainting of foodguy and Kwilkinson, with a high probabilty of mutual concussion.

- B

In my own defence: my index finger is the only one that is balanced enough between joint- and proximal phalax-size that I can fit a ring on it properly. I have no other option but to imitate the Holy Father. My hat is still on order.
In an attempt to cause foodguy and Kwilkinson to have strokes: the wine glass was filled with rum.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robasaurus
Vox, if you tipped better and more often like your neighbours do, maybe I'd throw the Sunday paper on your porch!
laugh.gif

I think you'll have more fun reviewing this one, taken when I was at an art gallery opening (my eyes may give away how late in the party this photo was taken):

225914_10150590784540431_674160430_18336595_3670293_n.jpg

Congrats on keeping the bow tie intact that late into the night.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Not a bad look--except you are about to spill your drink on you Lobbs. It must have been very late in the party as the girl leaning on you has a mustache.

Not surprising. Late in the party often the only girls left have facial hair, club feet,
and other social impairments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads