1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The source of Drakes knit ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by radicaldog, Aug 18, 2012.

1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member

Ah, yes I see the zig-zag. Maybe the KW would be a 2 then. It's kind of made up of balls that are close together, rather than the honeycomb with a lot of open space of the Rubis.

2. davesmith

davesmith Senior member

Brilliant. Thanks for the photos! This discussion is SF at it's best.

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member

adding dots to this threak, their are two types of dots done on knits:

[​IMG]

You'll notice one has different color thread sewn on (done afterwards) and the other has the color added to the silk.

My pic below stinks but my favorite weave is the one below, hard to tell but its a bigger, looser weave than what radicaldog has posted. You can see the difference compared the dot one which is more of a type 2:

[​IMG]

4. Gneisenau

Gneisenau Member

Regarding another matter on the Drake's knit ties, they're advertised as being 7cm at width, strangely every one of my four knit ties are roughly 5.8cm at their widest. Has anyone else noticed this?

5. PeopleCountry

PeopleCountry Member

This thread has been dormant forever, but in case anyone still cares.. Ascot a.k.a. the German manufacturer has now fully stocked their online shop with solid silk knits in just about every colour. Their colour codes match the Drake's codes 1:1, so whoever suspected they may be Drake's German maker is probably on to something. The shop itself is in German only and looks like they care MUCH more about their product than edgy frontend shop design, but they do accept PayPal and the ties are a relative steal at EUR 59,90.

I had tried to buy directly from them for years and they always pushed back saying for wholesale buyers only, but whatever their reasons, they now sell to retail customers. I bought two colours recently myself and couldn't be happier. And I am not affiliated with them in any way, should anybody wonder. Enjoy!