• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sound of Young America live in SF

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey gang...

Some may know that when I'm not an internet nerd, I'm a public radio host. My show, The Sound of Young America, is an arts & entertainment interview show, distributed by Public Radio International. It's been featured in Esquire, Salon, Time and The Wall Street Journal. Blah blah blah.

Anyway: I'm doing a live taping of the show at the San Francisco Sketchfest on Monday, January 14th.

Here's what you will see:

Performances from:
Zach Rogue of Rogue Wave
Comedienne Morgan Murphy
& Poet Bucky Sinister

Interviews with:
43 Folders founder Merlin Mann
& Hip-Hop Theater Festival founder and solo performer Danny Hoch

Tickets are only ten bucks. I promise it will be a fun show, and I hope some of you will come and wear neckties and class it up a little.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Cool, first time listener. I'm listening to your Chris Elliot interview right now. I thought his show Get A Life was hilarious..

Chris has been on the show a few times. His first interview on the show might have been the best one. Here's a direct link to the MP3.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Added to the show:

Actor/Playwright and founder of the Hip-Hop Theater Festival Danny Hoch
and poet Bucky Sinister

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From this week's Onion:

"The Sound of Young America calls itself 'a public radio show about things that are awesome,' but the show is pretty awesome in and of itself. Made in the living room of "America's Radio Sweetheart" Jesse Thorn, a host whose voice sounds way too seasoned to belong to a 26-year-old, The Sound of Young America is everything a podcast (or public radio show for that matter) should be: insightful, funny, snappy and above all, not stuffy. The show covers all forms of entertainment, from books to music to TV, but casts an especially focused eye on comedy, which means lots of interviews with comedians like Louis CK, Bob Odenkirk, David Cross, and even Shelley Berman. Here, Thorn tapes a live TSOYA program with guests Morgan Murphy, Rogue Wave's Zach Rogue, Merlin Mann and others."

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping to say I took a few TSOYA and JJGo! podcasts on vacation with me, and they're a great listen - I highly recommend everybody plunk down a few bucks a month to keep them going. I loved the Elmore Leonard, Patton Oswalt, Paul F. Tompkins and Sklar Brothers interviews especially. It's great to hear someone who isn't asking the same old questions as everyone else. Jordan Jesse Go! has banter, fun segments, endless anachronisms, and Nick Adams was a great co-host in the latest show. Keep it up, Jordan and Jesse - you're appreciated all over the place.

Jesse, I also enjoy Jordan's bemusement whenever you bring up gold collar stays, opera pumps, pocket squares, etc. You should be commended for bringing clothing nerdity back to where it belongs - podcasting!

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard you guys on the real radio the other day and bragged to my wife that I e-know you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads