1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The sole on my Doc Martens boot is splitting. Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Douro, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Douro

Douro New Member

The sole on my boot is separating from the upper, as you can see here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is where the sole was supposed to be heat-sealed together with the upper so I am guessing this is a manufacturing defect. You can watch the process in this video:

This is a new pair from the For Life line, but I do not have the guarantee papers nor the receipt. Taking them to a Dr. Martens shop is also currently not an option. I do have the option to return them to the person I got them from, but since they were cheap, I am wondering if it is worth keeping them and get them fixed. Could I take it to a cobbler and have it glued together? I am guessing they would not be able to replicate the original heat-sealing process? Does this affect the longevity of the boot?

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016