• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Softest Sheets

PeachesCat

Reaction score
I just bought a new mattress. I know the best way to buy bedding is to feel them in person. However, I have to buy over the internet.

What brand has the softest sheets? I am not interested in flannel or jersey. Just high quality and SOFT.

I read a post that Venus Rising doesn't have the best quality. I was looking at them because the sheets looked nice... but looks aren't everything

PeachesCat

Reaction score
Others on here said they weren't impressed with Frette...

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koh Phangan

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was under the impression that some members had bespoke sheets made.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeachesCat
Others on here said they weren't impressed with Frette...

I am not. I picked up a nice set of Frette in Milan a few years back. They look nice but in my experience are not durable. We've been most happy with Wamsutta's Sateen in high thread count. Durable and comfy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
One of my fondest memories of my first trip to Italy was sleeping for the first time on real linen sheets at the Gritti Palace. When we came back, we switched over to linen.

If you've only slept on cotton, give linen a whirl. Higher maintenance if you insist on ironing them, but they rock.

You can start cheaply and work your way up to Porthault.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
One of my fondest memories of my first trip to Italy was sleeping for the first time on real linen sheets at the Gritti Palace. When we came back, we switched over to linen.

If you've only slept on cotton, give linen a whirl. Higher maintenance if you insist on ironing them, but they rock.

You can start cheaply and work your way up to Porthault.

- B

The only problem with sleep at the Gritti is their insistence on using those rock hard Italian beds. From what I know, about 90% of actual Italians use latex, and I figure they reserve the concrete beds for tourists in the name of authenticity. That said, since we made the switch to linen sheets a few years back, I have never slept better, and could not imagine going back to cotton. Ironing is not necessary if you put them back on slightly damp, but I cannot say that I actually know how the sheets get back on our bed.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The only problem with sleep at the Gritti is their insistence on using those rock hard Italian beds. From what I know, about 90% of actual Italians use latex, and I figure they reserve the concrete beds for tourists in the name of authenticity. That said, since we made the switch to linen sheets a few years back, I have never slept better, and could not imagine going back to cotton. Ironing is not necessary if you put them back on slightly damp, but I cannot say that I actually know how the sheets get back on our bed.

And you said "poor kids" in the mentor thread. You're my hero.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
And you said "poor kids" in the mentor thread. You're my hero.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ha! I meant that the kids I help are unfortunate for having me in their lives. You know, like oh that poor woman, her husband is such an ass. Still, they are poor in the other sense as well.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased some Sferra Bros. sheets from Century 21 for my new bed. Really enjoying them.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The only problem with sleep at the Gritti is their insistence on using those rock hard Italian beds. From what I know, about 90% of actual Italians use latex, and I figure they reserve the concrete beds for tourists in the name of authenticity.

musicboohoo[1].gif

That said, since we made the switch to linen sheets a few years back, I have never slept better, and could not imagine going back to cotton. Ironing is not necessary if you put them back on slightly damp, but I cannot say that I actually know how the sheets get back on our bed.

While super high count cotton sheets made with good cotton are nice, I just think that linen is more effective at heat and humidity management.

It is one of the those little luxuries of the past that can be tried without bankruptcy.

- b

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
musicboohoo[1].gif

Hard beds and honeymoons are not a great combination, though we muddled through. The second time we had been married awhile, so...

Still the best bar in the world for my money.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard beds and honeymoons are not a great combination, though we muddled through. The second time we had been married awhile, so...

Still the best bar in the world for my money.

Especially for really old folks.
tongue.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We love our Sferra 1020TCs, the Milos in particular.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads