• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The socks of New&Lingwood

The Silverfox

Reaction score
Good evening gents,

Does anyone happen to know anything about the production of New&Lingwood's socks? Do they manufacture inhouse, or is it another supplier? Also, have you noticed any differences in quality between these and those of the other jermyn street suppliers?

I'm asking both out of general interest, and because I really like the New&Lingwood socks, but it'd be great to have a second place to look when they haven't got the right color in the right material/size/length

And on a slightly related note, any other socks in london I should check out?

andreyb2

Reaction score
They use three remaining British manufacturers (Scott Nichol, Pantherella, Corgi) -- as everyone else do.

I'm pretty sure some of the models on the web-site are manufactured by SN.

Andrey

KayJay85

Reaction score
And theyre on sale right now
3 OTC for £25 IIRC

I have bought from there before and I find them longer-lasting than Pantherella bought at Harrods. However, not sure of the provenance of N&L socks.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
They also use an Italian, Bresciani? The best ones are the heavy weight intarsia style ones, with the mess of threads inside, much more durable than their other offerings. As far as bright, loud and interesting socks go, they are undoubtedly the best, though if you see one you like, I would advise buying it soon, they seldom repeat pattern colourways. T&A also do very good socks, only plain colours, very thin and not as expensive as you might imagine.

Make sure you wash them cold and line dry, it vastly improves their lifespan.

The Silverfox

Reaction score
Yeah, I just picked up a pair of long purples at T&A, N&L have been out for ages, so I finally succumbed and just went to T&A. Unfortunately though, it's not the shade I wanted. N&L had the ones I wanted to in the short version, so I got to see them and the shade was just so precisely right that it's haunting me. Oh well... the T&A satisfy me until january, when N&L should get new purple ones in stocks and I get the exact shade I want, and at any rate I've been curious about the 90/10 merino nylon mix and how it holds up to the 70/30 mix.

By the way, do you know how long the sale at N&L will last?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up several last December when I was in London. If I recall, at least a couple were marked Made in Italy. Have no idea of the manufacturer though.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was stuck in London for four nights because of the snow and had to purchase some new socks, the only store I could find with above the calf socks that was open on a Sunday was N&L (Jermyn Street). The very friendly clerk in the store informed me they use Pantharella. The English made ones, not the cheaper line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads