• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Smokers Thread

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to like these unfiltered oval-shaped Turkish Special cigarettes; however, I never liked smoking all that much but the Turkish ones are much richer.
turkishoval.jpg
The packaging is positively '60s.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Quoted for truth. I still miss that three years after I stopped smoking daily.

+1 except I quit 13 years ago. It doesnt go away.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started smoking when I was 13-14 and my wife and I quit cold turkey in April 1998 (i was 26). I used to smoke Marlboro reds and then Parliaments when I was in the US and later Players' lights in Montreal (or whatever my mom had in the freezer when I was young and broke).

I still smoke occasionally, sometimes heavily if I am out drinking or hanging out with my smoker friend in mtl, and while I still have the odd craving and keep some cigs in the freezer, I have managed to not to start smoking seriously again. I rarely miss it. A smoke-free life is much more pleasant.

DM.ru

Reaction score
Present addiction - Trinidad Coloniales
Davidoff and Parliament when I used to smoke cigarettes

watchman

Reaction score
Camel Turkish Gold, although I am going to attempt quitting over thanksgiving.

metkirk

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that some cigarettes are tasteful with a particular season and sucky with another? I find Turkish Gold awful in winter but damn in the summer they're sweet!

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Cohiba is for poseurs. Smoke a real cigar.

Marlboro Mediums? I guess that it is a touch more many than Marloboro lights, and you don't have the girly filter, but really Odor.

I used to smoke Marlboros and no longer smoke cigarettes.

As far as cigars, I prefer Punch, Hoyo and Partagas all in cabinet selection only except for the 898s which are sublime.

I enthusiastically second your opinion of 898, my long time favorite.
Lusitanias are great but a bit too long.
Monte #1 (lonsdale)

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Whats your cigar of choice at the moment? I'm digging on a Montecristo white label right now.

monte whites are nice. Right now I can't say I have a cigar of choice. All depends on time of day, mood, time available, what I had to eat/drink, etc. I am really liking these La Gloria Cubanas toro maduros I got from the factory in Miami 8 years ago, but I have had a nasty cold for last few weeks and couldn't smoke. and it is cold here in michigan so i am looking forward to turkey day when temp is supposed to be close to 60 degrees ! ! ! !

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I enthusiastically second your opinion of 898, my long time favorite.
Lusitanias are great but a bit too long.
Monte #1 (lonsdale)

If I ever had the time for a Prominente, it would be the Luisitania. Great call. I also love the Punch Royal Selections #11 and #12. I prefer Rafael Gonzales lonsdales but they are too often rolled too tightly and unenjoyable to smoke.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigs: Nat Sherman Black & Gold
Vintage Champagne
Hot Girl
blush.gif

metkirk

Reaction score
I just taped the door of my room and the fire alarm so I can smoke in the room
devil.gif

trogdor

Reaction score
Cherry-vanilla loose rolling tobacco, licorice flavoured rizlas, and swan ultra-slim filter tips.

God, I miss it.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
I get a company car so I can do anything about a license plate, but my wife is still "upset" one of her cars has "MADURO" as a license plate.
bounce2.gif

I have over 3,000 cigars in multiple humidors. Preference is for medium bodied maduros, esp. ct. broadleaf.

That's hysterical: The plate could be taken, with a bit of poetic license, to be saying your wife is aging.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rfael Gonzales Panetelas Xtra - this year best small cigar at unbelivable price. Great under hour smoke with sweet flavours. My accidental find.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
That's hysterical: The plate could be taken, with a bit of poetic license, to be saying your wife is aging.

she would miss that joke - all she knows is that cigar smokers drive by her and honk their horn, which is starting to bother her!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads