The smell of sun-dried linens

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Kent Wang, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

... is quite possibly my favorite smell. It smells clean, with a bit of toastiness, as if the linens were mildly roasted. For maximum effect, hang dry your linens out in the sunlight. One can also achieve this on a smaller scale by simply leaving your linens (or by positioning your bed) in direct sunlight. This smell can be achieved with most fabrics but 100% cotton seems to be best.

Am I the only that is familiar with this smell? Everybody I've explained it to has given me a crazy look.

2. King Salmon

King Salmon Senior member

:crazy look:

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

... is quite possibly my favorite smell. It smells clean, with a bit of toastiness, as if the linens were mildly roasted. For maximum effect, hang dry your linens out in the sunlight. One can also achieve this on a smaller scale by simply leaving your linens (or by positioning your bed) in direct sunlight. This smell can be achieved with most fabrics but 100% cotton seems to be best.

Am I the only that is familiar with this smell? Everybody I've explained it to has given me a crazy look.

enjoy life while you are single. yes, I love the smell of fresh sun dried cotton bedsheets. am I going to injoy it again in this lifetiime? probrably not.