• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The smell of sun-dried linens

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
... is quite possibly my favorite smell. It smells clean, with a bit of toastiness, as if the linens were mildly roasted. For maximum effect, hang dry your linens out in the sunlight. One can also achieve this on a smaller scale by simply leaving your linens (or by positioning your bed) in direct sunlight. This smell can be achieved with most fabrics but 100% cotton seems to be best.

Am I the only that is familiar with this smell? Everybody I've explained it to has given me a crazy look.

King Salmon

Reaction score
:crazy look:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
... is quite possibly my favorite smell. It smells clean, with a bit of toastiness, as if the linens were mildly roasted. For maximum effect, hang dry your linens out in the sunlight. One can also achieve this on a smaller scale by simply leaving your linens (or by positioning your bed) in direct sunlight. This smell can be achieved with most fabrics but 100% cotton seems to be best.

Am I the only that is familiar with this smell? Everybody I've explained it to has given me a crazy look.

enjoy life while you are single. yes, I love the smell of fresh sun dried cotton bedsheets. am I going to injoy it again in this lifetiime? probrably not.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's