• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The single DUMBEST thing you have ever done in your life...

runner-guy

Reaction score
Probably driving around with friends when we were only 14 years old. This usually happened at about 2:00 am as well.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
masturbated under the table in grade 7 science class while we were watching a film. half the class was on a field trip, and I had the entire back row to myself. I'm sure most of you can relate to some of the urges you get during puberty.

No. I can't.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
No. I can't.

+1

For me, I was about 9 or 10, driving my dad's work ATV pretty much full bore in this huge field next to a road. I was kind of racing with this car next to me and wasn't really paying attention to the field (to be fair, it's a huge, nicely maintained, almost pristine field) and I hit this pretty big ditch, almost flew right off the ATV but was luckily hanging on enough to hit the brakes and slow down. I must have been doing at least 40mph at the time. Would have been pretty ****** to take a dive, even on grass, at that speed.

I turned around to check out what I had hit and it turns out earlier that day they had dug out the ditch to repair an irrigation line that fed one of the massive sprinklers used to water the field. They filled it back in a bit but not all the way as I guess they were planning on working on it some more later on in the week. I told my dad about it and he immediately put cones around it so no one else would get effed up on it (riding horses, cutting the grass, etc).

It was really, really terrifying. It really changed the way I drove those ATVs, and any vehicle for that matter.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Drove home after having a bit too much to drink. Made it home in one piece, nothing out of place, not stopped, really concentrated on making it home, and was successful. But the look on Mrs. T's face was awful. I'd never been so ashamed in my entire life.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not me, but something my dad did a while back.

The whole family was visiting a family friend's place for a birthday party or something. It was getting late so we said our goodbyes and got in the car. My mom was hammered so she couldn't drive and I didn't have my license yet. My dad was like "don't worry, I'm sober enough to drive home". I was kinda worried and paid close attention to my dad's driving the whole hour ride back home, ready to let him know if he was doing something wrong. He drove really well, speed was consistent and just around the limit, didn't sway within his lane, used all his signals, and stopped when appropriate. I thought that maybe he really was sober. We get home and he can't get the damn house key into the lock...it took him 6 tries
facepalm.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
So the correct thing to do was throw the puppy towards the bear and then run?
No way.... Although many of my friends agree with you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
told a girl I really liked how I felt for her one saturday night a lifetime ago... and told her on monday that I can't remember saying that.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ ahahahahha ... welcome to my world. Casanova when Im blacked out.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Similar thing happened to me in the same place. I lived on Rue St. Jacques right next to that English soccer bar on the corner. Myself, a buddy, and two girls met after work there to watch Euro 08. Each of us had been putting alot of effort and money in on these two and we were confident we'd seal the deal that night. After the game we were pretty drunk and could have easily just taken it upstairs for a rooftop picnic and smoke, but we thought we'd at least try to get some dancing in to make that transition from a sporting mood. So we went to some damp nightclub in the Latin Quarter with a stone basement that had a lively dancefloor. Can't remember the name. Some deceptively strong drinks later, we tried walking home for the sure thing. Until we went the wrong direction and got way off course. So we couldn't get home, the girls had work in the morning, and we reluctantly had to taxi them home. Never hung out with them again.
frown.gif

edit: Nevermind. I've got the wrong street. Rue Lagrange. One Boulevard over from St.J. & St. G.

Still, pretty close. I guess it's a lousy area to meet girls and drink.

bigbris2

Reaction score
DWI. Spent the night partying in a Latin club in Newark & drove home with my eyes closed.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LTJazz
I almost incurred absurd amounts of debt to go to an overpriced school for a music performance degree. The negative effects of that would have been lifelong....

ooo which school?

JTK

Reaction score
Bought a condo in Los Angeles in 2005...

LTJazz

Reaction score
I guess it's sad, but not for me. Last thing I need is an influx of students to my major. The continuation of students enrolled in useless degrees certainly helps my job prospects.

Originally Posted by scribbles
lol... sad, but this happens way too often. I did my undergrad at University of Miami (Fla, #$%^ Ohio) and I used to just laugh at the kids who would tell me that they were taking out $40k+ a year in loans to pay for tutition/ living expenses while majoring in communications or film studies. Good luck payin that back.

You just finished the Associates after working less than desirable jobs, or the associates degree led to you working less than desirable jobs? Regardless, it's a good idea you're going for the Bachelors....assuming it's in something useful.

Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Dropped out of college at 19, with two years of college. Worked crappy jobs/been poor ever since. Im 25 and I just finished my Associates degree. I have no savings, and lots of debt. I am planing to start working toward an Bachelors degree this fall.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
masturbated under the table in grade 7 science class while we were watching a film. half the class was on a field trip, and I had the entire back row to myself. I'm sure most of you can relate to some of the urges you get during puberty.
I can't even imagine what would have happened if someone had noticed but I made it all the way to completion.

nest.gif
Where is Ed's reply?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads