• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the Singapore style

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I scrolled thru 5 pages and all i can say is FARK. Being a Singaporean, most Singaporean girls are fugly. There are some pretty ones you might notice as and when you hit the right places. That said, foreigners (yeah you whiteboys) digg the local girls here. I am left clueless at times as to what they are attracted to. Style? There is no dress culture here..

Batwing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
I scrolled thru 5 pages and all i can say is FARK. Being a Singaporean, most Singaporean girls are fugly. There are some pretty ones you might notice as and when you hit the right places. That said, foreigners (yeah you whiteboys) digg the local girls here. I am left clueless at times as to what they are attracted to. Style? There is no dress culture here..

I love Singaporean girls
worship.gif
Perhaps it's the different from the norm...
However, most have very good bodies, and you don't look at the mantel piece when you're poking the fire
devil.gif

centrix

Reaction score
singaporean girls mostly just somehow think that being flat and thin is the new hotness... on top of that, less clothes means more boys coming at you

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind flat and thin.

But most of our local girls have mediocre faces.

And I'm a mantelpiece person.

bryannnn

Reaction score
Not sure where you guys go, but on any given sortie to the Orchard Road area, I see dozens of stunners, eye-popping lookers with drop-dead gorgeous bodies to match.

Which brings me to this thing about them being flat, I wonder if perhaps you're confusing Singapore with Laos or Cambodia or some place. Nowadays, there are a lot more Singaporean women with a perky B than less, which is quite remarkable considering their body types tend to lean toward ectomorphic. Probably the change in diet.

Anyway, this relative busty elegance is a real attractive combo. Or as hey say here: shiok.

But yeah, no accounting for taste eh.

lamergod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryannnn
Not sure where you guys go, but on any given sortie to the Orchard Road area, I see dozens of stunners, eye-popping lookers with drop-dead gorgeous bodies to match.

Which brings me to this thing about them being flat, I wonder if perhaps you're confusing Singapore with Laos or Cambodia or some place. Nowadays, there are a lot more Singaporean women with a perky B than less, which is quite remarkable considering their body types tend to lean toward ectomorphic. Probably the change in diet.

Anyway, this relative busty elegance is a real attractive combo. Or as hey say here: shiok.

But yeah, no accounting for taste eh.

+1 There's so muchstunners when you walk along Orchard or Haji. Don't get why people keep saying Singapore got no hot chicks.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's because Singapore has a serious case of cultural cringe at anything native, especially at their looks (or as they keep saying, lack thereof).

invadernick

Reaction score
:( I can't be handsome? On a serious note though, most guys dress like crap here I think most of their dress influence come from Taiwan and Korea. Personally I really hate it and find most of it too flashy or feminine (whats up with all those tote bags?).

I usually wear a sports jacket or a super thin leather jacket I was lucky enough to procure. I was drenched in sweat for the first few weeks but I became slowly accustomed to it and began to sweat less. There's so much air conditioning here anyway, you won't ever have to sweat for long. In fact, it can get chilly when the rain starts to pour or when you're blasted by air conditioners.

I don't think Singaporeans are ugly, if we just make an effort to dress up and groom ourselves there could be a lot of potential. And those of us who do dress up, learn to stick to basics, and pick better inspiration. Stay away from all that Taiwanese stuff and the local Men's Mags, pick up a GQ instead and you'll be much better off.

Verniza

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just came across this thread and I see some Singaporeans here. Regarding this,
Some fun infohttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Dylan-...496866?sk=wallDylan & Son- this is one of the tailors that actually tried to have an online presence. Though they are not as young as Clothesmith, but this shows that there are actually SOME demand for sartorial goods.Tell me what you guys can tell from the pictures (quality and all)
How is their quality of stitching and product etc? Any prior experience with them?

kashmir

Reaction score
Just launched: the street style lookbook of Singapore.

http://poshism.com/

I would say that there are some directions that might be fresh for the SW&Ders but otherwise.. just take it as a catalog for petite guys during summertime.

kashmir

Reaction score

Hey guys! Just came across this thread and I see some Singaporeans here. Regarding this,
How is their quality of stitching and product etc? Any prior experience with them?

I have no experience with them whatsoever, but I do think that their stuff looks nice. The FB page is fun to look at.

Anyway, I notice the popularity of RW boots with vibergs (ugly!), and Doc Martens. Though I think Doc Martens reached such popularity here due to their aggressive marketing after the brand rejuvenation- my mom quipped "What? That **** is popular again?!"

Thing is everything here is so overpriced, even H&M, though during discounts they are really generous.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serena_Taipei_0402120004.JPG

Singaporeans must be tiny to be able to wear Pendletons that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads