• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Simpsons: Your Favorite Episode?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Black Friday I splurged and bought several seasons of The Simpsons (only the good ones though!) on DVD. I recently opened Season One and found that unlike other TV shows where you can select "Play all episodes" you had to manually select each 20 minute episode to play. Is this the case with all of them?

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, they finally got their act together and included an option to play all episodes on the disc with or without commentary.

I think it was only on the first couple seasons where you have to manually select each one.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one of the Greatest Hits DVDs. Made after a few seasons were released on DVD and it has the 'Play All' option. Trash of the Titans for the win.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorites is Lemon of Troy. The first time I saw it I think I ended up in tears.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Both great episodes but if I had to choose my all-time favourite, it'd have to be And Maggie Makes Three.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Best three Simpsons episodes, Homer the Great (Stonecutters episode), Marge vs. The Monorail, and Boy Scoutz N the Hood. Special mention goes to The Day the Violence Died for containing the singlest greatest line in the history of The Simpsons. "We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little".

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
Special mention goes to The Day the Violence Died for containing the singlest greatest line in the history of The Simpsons. "We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little".

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we're talking Itchy & Scratchy themed, it has to be Itchy & Scratchy Land hands down. The one with Poochie comes in a close second.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
Best three Simpsons episodes, Homer the Great (Stonecutters episode), Marge vs. The Monorail, and Boy Scoutz N the Hood. Special mention goes to The Day the Violence Died for containing the singlest greatest line in the history of The Simpsons. "We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little".

"No HomerS. We're allowed one!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By far mine is "Homer vs the 18th Amendment".

Some noteable quotes:

"Ok, Marge I can explain, now remember I can explain, oh why won't you let me explain!"

"If your talkin' Root Beer I'm guil-didly-ilty as char-didly-arged!"

"Shine those shoes, tuck in that shirt, take that badge outta your mouth"

"It must have been that BEAN i had for dinner"

Beer Baron rules.

I also like the one where Marge has the gambling addiction...great ending to that one.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one when Homer becomes a stoner and gets faded at his pad with Otto.

Sherlock

Reaction score
The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
Trilogy of Error
Lemon of Troy

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The episode where Homer gets an auto-dialer and starts a telemarketing scam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads