• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The simple, Overhand Necktie knot by Eric Glennie/ A Revolution in Neckwear

eric glennie

Reaction score
The simple, overhand necktie knot is a revolution in neckwear ~ A theory of how to tie a necktie never seen before! It is truly the simplest necktie knot you will ever tie . The simple overhand necktie knot is symmetrical and smaller than a half-windsor with the slender of a four-in-hand. Hope you enjoy this beauty! Please checkout the video and pictures attached. It is truly a hybrid necktie.

http://www.ericglennie.com/images/spl_knot.wmv

X-Calibre

Reaction score
grn3 and red2 look as crooked as a four in hand, otherwise, neat idea.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the, uh, difference between this and other knots?

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I watched your video, and I'm pretty sure that what you've done is a four-in-hand knot, just in an odd way where you feed the little end through after you've made the knot. edit: man, I was so close to being the first to notice this.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How come it has two dimples? I think the two dimples sucks.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
interesting way to tie a four in hand

No , I dont think its a four-in-hand but truly a hybrid. A four in hand is more barrel shaped where the overhand knot is more triangle shaped, but Smaller than a triangle in a half-windsor.

The tighter you cinch the overhand knot the more triangle it becomes, the tighter you cinch the four-in-hand the smaller is becomes but the shape doesnt change.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it Eric Glennie! This is seriously the first idea of yours that I actually like

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40