1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Shurt Clip? anyone have experience with using

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bobbyzee, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bobbyzee

bobbyzee New Member

Hey guys,

I found this while searching online. Does anyone have any experience with these.

Shurt Clip http://shurtclip.com/

I am jsut wondering if they work, are they worth getting. I know a tailored shirt is always best.

Thank you,

bobbyzee

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is ridiculous. Just get your shirts tailored.

3. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

4. red dragon

red dragon Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you just have a ridiculous looking fold on the side/back of your shirt?

5. bobbyzee

bobbyzee New Member

well obviously a tailored or custom made shirt is best...

but I am just looking to see if this "shurt clip" actually works and does it makes the shirt have a nice fit, does it stay it place all day...?

bobbyzee

6. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

The Shurt Clip is worn exclusively by pederasts and anal rapists.

7. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior member

The "founder" is attempting to mute a pretty strong southern accent in the video, and the company's Atlanta based. Having been born and raised south of the Mason Dixon, I can say from experience that the blousy shirt is rampant in the South, and good tailoring is not. Thus a market is born.

8. Franky12

Franky12 Member

The Shurt Clip is worn exclusively by pederasts and anal rapists.

Oh!!! just stop, leave that guy and his product alone.

9. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

I bit and clicked the link. It has "teeth" and therefore won't be coming anywhere near my shirts.

WARNING:

Although the Shurt Clip is designed to safely tailor shirts, you must still use caution when applying the Shurt Clip to delicate fabrics including, but not limited to, silk, rayon, polyester, etc. It is your responsibility to insure the Shurt Clip will not damage the fabric of your clothing before using it. Maxessories LLC., and its subsidiaries are not responsible for any damage and will not be responsible for payment to replace or mend any damaged clothing articles that could result from the improper use of Shurt Clip.

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

Uh... who is the target market for this product?

Men who intentionally go and buy ill fitting shirts? No that cannot be. They wouldn't bother clipping it tight again.

Men who want well fitting shirts? No, they would go and buy a shirt that actually fits fine in the first place and certainly don't want an ugly fold.

Who the hell is this product for?! And what can it do that a good old safety pin cannot?
    This thing is a whole lot of [​IMG]

11. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Uh... who is the target market for this product?

Men who intentionally go and buy ill fitting shirts? No that cannot be. They wouldn't bother clipping it tight again.

Men who want well fitting shirts? No, they would go and buy a shirt that actually fits fine in the first place and certainly don't want an ugly fold.

Who the hell is this product for?! And what can it do that a good old safety pin cannot?
    This thing is a whole lot of [​IMG]

Men who let their wife or girlfriend buy clothes for them.

12. blahman

blahman Senior member

Men who let their wife or girlfriend buy clothes for them.

oxymoron [​IMG]

13. silvere2

silvere2 Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just use a peg?

14. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

I love the line, "But tailoring can add as much as 25% to the cost of a shirt." [​IMG]

15. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

I'm pretty sure we are all just replying to yet another Spammer.

I've had a thought though. Why the heck are all shirts so damn big? I mean, I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 210 pounds. Not exactly trim and fit. And yet, when it comes to dress shirts, even those marked "custom," "trim fit," "slim..." are still plenty big on me. I recently purchased one of Kent Wang's shirts, which are supposedly one of the trimmest fits available, and while snug, it fits properly with no improper puckering or stress on the fabric.

Have men's shirts always been so huge and floppy or have patterns expanded along with the average American male gut?