1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Shortest No show socks or loafer socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Welldressedgent, May 18, 2013.

1. Welldressedgent

Welldressedgent Member

Where can i buy no show socks or loafer socks that you cannot see when wearing running shoes? All the ones i have are 2-3 inches above shoe?

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

Just about any major department store.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

If all else fails, you can buy womens sockettes. They all look the same anyway.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  5. wojt

wojt Senior member

9euro for a half of a cotton sock smh

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Falke socks are decent but hardly as quality as Ninja and they are hella expensive. $18-20 for ONE pair of socks? HAHA. If they were made out of loro piana cashmere then maybe I'd consider but no way.

Ninja socks are easily my favorite

7. pnin22

pnin22 Senior member

8. 1ofTheCoolKids

1ofTheCoolKids Senior member

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. ando

ando New Member

10. wojt

wojt Senior member

Just bought 3-packs of Jack and Jones and Calvin Kleins no-show socks will see how they will do and report back to you fellas

11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Weinberg's Discount Hosiery sells them. I'm guessing that your local discount sock/underwear/t-shirt store will as well. The black nike socks are nice.

12. chogall

chogall Senior member

$20 per sock is nowhere close to expensive.

Sold out.

13. thedtpkid

thedtpkid New Member

I've tried loafer socks from various manufactures like Calvin Klein, Banana Republic, ecko, etc. By far, my favorite has been Foot Zen Zenvisibles.

They have a plastic heel tab to make sure they don't fall down and the length is extremely low cut to fit in loafers and boat shoes. My favorite part is that they're seam free, which helps with my sensitive skin.

http://www.diabeticshoeshub.com/foot-zen-mens-loafer-socks-zenvisibles-4-pairs/

14. thedtpkid

thedtpkid New Member

You get what you pay for

15. jonathanr

jonathanr New Member

I would suggest either go for Ninja Sox or Socksquare if you're looking for a decent price range.
    After trying both, Ninja Sox no-shows are a bit higher. They'll fit running shoes well.
    Socksquare no-shows are lower and have a stronger anti-slip gel on the back. I think these are more for boat shoes, because these are truly low (the wrap around the base of the toe).

On top of that, Nordstrom has really nice socks from Calvin Klein that are really soft.

16. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

^...I disagree. I don't think Socksquare is higher at all and the gel on the back is sticky to the point that you can FEEL there is some gel on the back of your heel... I did not like that feeling.

I've sworn by ninja sox for the longest time and I only buy those.

17. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I like how jonathanr and thedptkid are both strongly recommending a certain brand yet they have 1 or 2 posts in their history ...

SMH. Can we say "created new account to advertise their company's brand"? Haha