• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let’s be clear here: it’s NOT boot weather where I live. It’s supposed to be, but it’s 80 degrees. However, I can’t take it anymore. I simply HAD to wear these on their maiden voyage and damn it all to hell it fall isn’t here yet.

P.S.: Only using Vibram Gumlite soles on all my MTO boots from now on. Jesus - feels like I’m walking on a cloud.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let’s be clear here: it’s NOT boot weather where I live. It’s supposed to be, but it’s 80 degrees. However, I can’t take it anymore. I simply HAD to wear these on their maiden voyage and damn it all to hell it fall isn’t here yet.

P.S.: Only using Vibram Gumlite soles on all my MTO boots from now on. Jesus - feels like I’m walking on a cloud.

View attachment 1250903 View attachment 1250904 View attachment 1250905 View attachment 1250906
I say it’s always boot weather. The heat helps break them in!

Also agree that vibram rubber soles are some of the most comfortable and durable.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wolverine by AE 1000 mile boots, these things bloom more than any other shell I have, crazy blooming, put them in their bags and come back in a week and they will be white. View attachment 1252097

These have grown on me to the point that there is a pair on the Bay I'm thinking of taking a run at. Given that you and I are the same size, do you mind my asking what size these are?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These have grown on me to the point that there is a pair on the Bay I'm thinking of taking a run at. Given that you and I are the same size, do you mind my asking what size these are?
Mine are 9D, fit is similar to Normandy/Caen in same size. If I were buying another pair, I think I would stick with this size, 1/2 down might be a bit tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads