• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
It's lightened a lot, but over time I think the color has only gotten richer/better. I like a lot of variation in my shell, personally, and as you can tell from the photos each panel has its own personality as far as color is concerned.

My man, I just realized that you and I were recently trading messages about your brolive boots on reddit. Many thanks again for the photos and assistance. Looks like I will have a pair in short order. ?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg Dark Amaretto GYW service boots today

Skelnik

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these - that's a great short wing! I did not realize that Barker made cordovan shoes. Any idea if they use horween?

Thank you. Barker makes these exclusively for the Edward & James line of shoes from Pediwear. They use shell cordovan from the Joseph Clayton & Sons tannery in the UK so it isn’t Horween. For now I am unable to really tell the difference however. The differences could be more pronounced as they age however so only time will tell, but for now I am very impressed with the quality of the build and the material.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the AE MacNeil 2nds Showdown! In the right corner, wearing Burgundy Shell is MacNeil. His opponent tonight, in the left corner, Oxblood Calf MacNeil.

TKO in the first round sends Oxblood back to Port Washington.

View attachment 1031375

View attachment 1031376

View attachment 1031377

View attachment 1031378

View attachment 1031379

View attachment 1031380
Doing a little SF morning research as I have long been pining (well, actually a couple months but it seems long) for an oxblood Macneil. Now, with this side-by-side to a shell Mac in burgundy, which I fortunately already have, I'm not so sure. Which it appears from various posts, some others here have concluded.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of brown chukka boots. I see Carmina has a pair. Any other suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads