• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the multi color houser on those

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they look great, I didn’t realize they were a thing!

I’ve had a picture of them on the randomized screen saver on my Mac forever. However, I never thought to try to pickup a pair. When my man Basil offered them up as I was grabbing the brown Harlech shells, I didn’t give it a second thought, but said yes, yes I would like a pair.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are amazing. I’m so jealous of all the amazing deals y’all with normal width feet can find. For some reason, CJ is averse to making wide fittings in either stock or GMTOs. Sigh.

Yeah, sorry man, I know what you mean. Standard sizes are widely available during most sales.

Having the size of most people is a blessing at times and a curse at others.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I might have to try round laces on mine.
Thanks
They’re good for those times when you’re in a hurry, and don’t have time to fuss over the laces.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry man, I know what you mean. Standard sizes are widely available during most sales.

Having the size of most people is a blessing at times and a curse at others.

I hear you. The grass is always greener and all that. Having a strange size did enable me to find two (??!!) BNIB 2009 John Lobb Crepins...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite chukka from Carmina.

30E704CF-9446-4F37-B7B4-142E38632D82.jpeg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite chukka from Carmina.

View attachment 1104833

Agreed I have the same pair and as you know great chukka. Probably my only slight regret is unlike Simpson lasted shoes I should not have went up half a size for the chukka. I have been wearing them more lately and every time I feel they are just a little bit to big. Since it's a boot I can manage but still I always think I should have just went with my normal size.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed I have the same pair and as you know great chukka. Probably my only slight regret is unlike Simpson lasted shoes I should not have went up half a size for the chukka. I have been wearing them more lately and every time I feel they are just a little bit to big. Since it's a boot I can manage but still I always think I should have just went with my normal size.

Yeah, I agree. My detroit last shoes are more snug. Had to wear these thick socks knit by my talented wife :)

76A4CD95-C718-49AE-BD3C-FD72A781AABE.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool socks.

She’s very skilled. Has made me 4 pairs, 2 scarves, 3 hats, gloves, and two sweaters, and tons of stuff for our kids and family members. She’s made some items to order for a few fellow forum members. If anyone is interested in an item (not sweaters though cause the sizing can get dicey with blocking) just PM me. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads