• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

actionjbone

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a pigmented cream for ravello?

I use AE's cordovan cream for my color 8 pairs, but I recently acquired a pair of Barrie balmorals in ravello, and I'm trying to mask a couple small scuffs by the heel. AE doesn't have a medium brown cordovan cream.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a pigmented cream for ravello?

I use AE's cordovan cream for my color 8 pairs, but I recently acquired a pair of Barrie balmorals in ravello, and I'm trying to mask a couple small scuffs by the heel. AE doesn't have a medium brown cordovan cream.

I am going to have the same issue in whiskey shell. Happy to hear a recommendation for a cordovan cream that color.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the photo reflect the real color?

Yes I took it without the flash it's really close to the real color. In the sun or under flash they look darker.

I was really not sure if I would even like the color but I really do it looks super with jeans or really anything.

I also ordered the Frankenstich GMTO same shell color that is on the Forest last BTW (hopefully another month or so should have it).

TokenMao

Reaction score
Nice! Can you please post more photos from different angles? Yours are the first “in the wild” photos of them I’ve seen.

Sorry by the time I saw this I had already changed into shorts and sneakers for a run haha. I'd be happy to take some more photos later today. And yeah I guess I haven't seen anyone else with them either, I guess they weren't very popular?

RMB35

Reaction score
X-post with AE thread. Found these natural shell Leeds at the Port Washington store

382E3BE2-CF27-487F-9EBD-CDD3094FCD14.jpeg

C44B9CDA-7795-4343-8B76-67CBC6D56A02.jpeg

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actionjbone

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black AE Leeds with antique edges.

IMG_2892.jpg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So wanted some advice.

I grabbed the Carmina shell chukka's a few weeks back a half size up from my normal size as generally recommended with the Simpson last.

At first wore them a few hours seemed ok fit good I don't think I could have gone for my normal size as the instep would have been to low and the shoe not wide enough. I mean sure I bet I could have forced my foot into a UK9 but man it would have been super snug.

So last week I decided to wear them for the day and did not bring another pair of shoes with me as I sometimes do when wearing a new pair. By the end of the day my rear leg (pull tab area) was blood raw.

Today I still have scabs over the area but tried the boot for a min and hitting that spot and killing me. I wanted to see if these would get better with some wear so I actually (yes you can laugh) put cardboard in my socks on that rear spot and took a walk. No way a bandaid was going to help i guess I could next time use an ace bandage.

So my question is to anyone with shell chukkas did/do you have this problem?

If so does it go away?

Should I have maybe got my normal size and powered through the pain?

This issue seems to be just chukkas any other boots I have no issues at all. So is some padding just needed with shell chukkas if you are going to wear them all day?

Just to put the fit into perspective if I do not even lace the boots, I can walk with no heel slip, I can walk without the boot moving on my foot in any direction, the boot is not tight, a shoe horn is for sure required to get the boot on, so I believe in general the fit is ok.

Thought?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So wanted some advice.

I grabbed the Carmina shell chukka's a few weeks back a half size up from my normal size as generally recommended with the Simpson last.

At first wore them a few hours seemed ok fit good I don't think I could have gone for my normal size as the instep would have been to low and the shoe not wide enough. I mean sure I bet I could have forced my foot into a UK9 but man it would have been super snug.

So last week I decided to wear them for the day and did not bring another pair of shoes with me as I sometimes do when wearing a new pair. By the end of the day my rear leg (pull tab area) was blood raw.

Today I still have scabs over the area but tried the boot for a min and hitting that spot and killing me. I wanted to see if these would get better with some wear so I actually (yes you can laugh) put cardboard in my socks on that rear spot and took a walk. No way a bandaid was going to help i guess I could next time use an ace bandage.

So my question is to anyone with shell chukkas did/do you have this problem?

If so does it go away?

Should I have maybe got my normal size and powered through the pain?

This issue seems to be just chukkas any other boots I have no issues at all. So is some padding just needed with shell chukkas if you are going to wear them all day?

Just to put the fit into perspective if I do not even lace the boots, I can walk with no heel slip, I can walk without the boot moving on my foot in any direction, the boot is not tight, a shoe horn is for sure required to get the boot on, so I believe in general the fit is ok.

Thought?
Wow. I've never had issues with anything shell like that. I don't need a shoe horn to slip on a 2-3 eyelet chukka as the throat opens up so much. Might try flexing the shaft to loosen up some?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads