• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina.

P1050071.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what makes them so desirable. i really want to know?

The wingtips are made on 325 last which fits me very well and cordovan needs very little maintenance so they are good beater shoes,for me at least.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what makes them so desirable. i really want to know?

They're shell, which either appeals to you or not. If not, then nothing would make them desirable to you. If you're a fan of shell, then these are shell shoes that aren't made by Alden - which appeals to me due to their higher than ****** build quality. Also, the last fits my foot well.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RL Wingtip Darlton are the most versatile shoes in my wardrobe. It's the perfect last / design for shell in my opinion.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They're shell, which either appeals to you or not. If not, then nothing would make them desirable to you. If you're a fan of shell, then these are shell shoes that aren't made by Alden - which appeals to me due to their higher than ****** build quality. Also, the last fits my foot well.

you're welcome, joe. shell appeals to me.

i just wanted to get behind the hype. iirc, they are made by c&j, which is a mid tier producer under the aspect of construction and quality. agreed, better than alden.

they are rather expensive for what they are. the last is uninspiring and the heel is a massive block. in other words. the balance, what makes a shoe, is not really given.

if they fit you well. this is all what matters.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you're welcome, joe. shell appeals to me.
i just wanted to get behind the hype. iirc, they are made by c&j, which is a mid tier producer under the aspect of construction and quality. agreed, better than alden.
they are rather expensive for what they are. the last is uninspiring and the heel is a massive block. in other words. the balance, what makes a shoe, is not really given.
if they fit you well. this is all what matters.

At their full price of $800 I wouldn't consider them for a second. I'd get something like Vass. At the $397.5 I paid for my pair, they seem like good value for money.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And now for something slightly different...
Vintage E.T. Wright mahogany shell cordovan wingtips.

Those are friggin bad-ass.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suppose this is really subjective. Many would say the same about the shoes made in the Austro-Hungarian tradition that you so covet.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At their full price of $800 I wouldn't consider them for a second. I'd get something like Vass. At the $397.5 I paid for my pair, they seem like good value for money.

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads