• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross Post from Split-Toe Derby page since it's quite a rare sight. A pair of Maftei Vienna Horween Green Shell Split-Toes with Double Stitching.

Maftei Shell Cordovan Split-Toe 1.jpg Maftei Shell Cordovan Split-Toe 2.jpg Maftei Shell Cordovan Split-Toe 3.jpg Maftei Shell Cordovan Split-Toe 4.jpg Maftei Shell Cordovan Split-Toe 6.jpg

marlinspike

Reaction score
Back in November when I was ordering those ones I posted in here the other day he suggested the green cordovan to me. I was on the fence and my wife said she didn't think it would look good, but damn that looks good, I just didn't consider using it for a split to since I was looking for a half brogue at the time.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in November when I was ordering those ones I posted in here the other day he suggested the green cordovan to me. I was on the fence and my wife said she didn't think it would look good, but damn that looks good, I just didn't consider using it for a split to since I was looking for a half brogue at the time.
They fit me perfectly at UK 7.5 (would fit people with UK 8/US 9D on average) and I will probably sell them. I got a new lens and it was a good opportunity to shoot some pics. Dark Green is my favorite color.

marlinspike

Reaction score
They fit me perfectly at UK 7.5 (would fit people with UK 8/US 9D on average) and I will probably sell them. I got a new lens and it was a good opportunity to shoot some pics. Dark Green is my favorite color.

Ha, to fit me it would have to be something like a 13 6E. A nice thought though. Really beautiful.

SRV

Reaction score
Whiskey Wingtip Wednesday. Non-Alden, so posting here ;)
Rancourt Natural Shell Longwings. Over time the right shoe is becoming closer to Whiskey. The Left shoe is still markedly lighter and closer to original natural color.

IMG_3448.JPG IMG_3450.JPG IMG_3451.JPG

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have in interesting shell pair on the way from Bulgaria that I picked up on eBay.

I really have been good as in not buying but seen this pair and being my size and very odd I decided to add to the collection.

They are from British Passport a company I never heard of and had no idea they made shell shoes.

I myself am not a big fan of split toe shoes but I did like the overall look/style so it was a go decision.

I did a search of the net and styleforum and came up with zero on British Passport as a company and less than zero on them making shell shoes.

I imagine it is going to take a few weeks to get from Bulgaria to me in the US. With all the changes in the EU wondering if there is going to be some unforeseen duty tax to pay.

Anyways real life pics will be posted when they arrive but a few from the auction will show you what I got myself into.

s1.jpeg
s2.jpeg
s3.jpeg
s5.jpeg

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Haven't worn these CJ Skyes all season, that will change tonight. Bought these in London two years ago and have worn them like 10 times. Love em.

Finally put some stuff on them, albeit just a little lexol to condition them. Any need for cream polish? I opted not to, so a little more of a matte finish for now!

ILQRKGS.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn these CJ Skyes all season, that will change tonight. Bought these in London two years ago and have worn them like 10 times. Love em.

Finally put some stuff on them, albeit just a little lexol to condition them. Any need for cream polish? I opted not to, so a little more of a matte finish for now!

ILQRKGS.jpg

Beautiful boots! Congratulations.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Beautiful shoes and boots in this page. The EB boots are gorgeous

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my trickers shoes that at one point I was out and something got spilled on them. I think it was vinegar that was spilled on them but not sure. It created dark spots and I have tried everything to get them out. Used saphir renomat on the one and all it did was lighten the color.

I am now thinking of trying a darker Fiebing's Leather Dye and see where things land.

Due to the condition I have been using them in bad situations so beater shoes.

But I was hoping to bring them back so looking for suggestions
IMG_20210222_125234.jpg
IMG_20210222_125238.jpg
IMG_20210222_125242.jpg

Found an old post when they were new for color reference.

IMG_20180619_182416.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads