• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlu monrning homework, rehydrating and cleaning of my Church's Grafton in crup (cordovan for Brits). I was kind of worry because where I live is difficult to find quality shoe care products. The folks in the "vintage shoe" thread where amazing with their suggestions:

IMG_5368.JPG
IMG_5369.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today FEDEX delivered a pair of cordovan oxfords by Berwick, a very nice suprice.

Brand: Berwick
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: H0-915
Size: 10.5 UK
Welt: 270
Sole: Rendenbach close chanel

A very nice surprise from AFPOS, the shoes are very handsome. The welt is not as prominent as I like, but these are oxfords not LWB. The finish is impeccable, the close chanel sole is perfectly done eventhough is not a spec that I look for, is highly welcome. The toebox is generous but not bulky. And the toe shape is a tad chiseled and looks great.

As always Sarah from AFPOS very accurate with the sizing sugestion, the shoe is comfortable, I will report the breaking in process. I believe that my quest for the burgundy oxford has ended. Highly recomended. If there is an option in any shade of mid brown count me in.

IMG_5494.JPG
IMG_5496.JPG
IMG_5498.JPG
IMG_5499.JPG
IMG_5501.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today FEDEX delivered a pair of cordovan oxfords by Berwick, a very nice suprice.

Brand: Berwick
Supplier: A Fine Pair of Shoes
Last: H0-915
Size: 10.5 UK
Welt: 270
Sole: Rendenbach close chanel

A very nice surprise from AFPOS, the shoes are very handsome. The welt is not as prominent as I like, but these are oxfords not LWB. The finish is impeccable, the close chanel sole is perfectly done eventhough is not a spec that I look for, is highly welcome. The toebox is generous but not bulky. And the toe shape is a tad chiseled and looks great.

As always Sarah from AFPOS very accurate with the sizing sugestion, the shoe is comfortable, I will report the breaking in process. I believe that my quest for the burgundy oxford has ended. Highly recomended. If there is an option in any shade of mid brown count me in.

View attachment 1460535 View attachment 1460536 View attachment 1460537 View attachment 1460538 View attachment 1460539

That is a stunning pair of shoes. Lots of workmanship in those.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Carmina thread. My Carmina MTO group photo.

Amaretto Jumper boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Color 4 U-tip boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Bourbon NST boot on Forest double JR with flat welt, Amaretto NST boot on Forest EEE York sole with storm welt

For those not on the Carmina thread, Carmina is running a couple of GMTO's for SF users. First is a Cordovan Chelsea boot offered in standard cordovan colors (bourbon, armganac, burgundy, black, ruby, navy and green) as well as color 4 and Amaretto (all shell supplied by Horween). Carmina is accepting pre-orders for color 4 and Amaretto in any model currently offered (with the exception of jodhpurs).

See link below for details, or you can reachout to @Carmina on SF

DSC_0932.JPG
DSC_0933.JPG
DSC_0937.JPG
DSC_0941.JPG
DSC_0952.JPG

Phoenician

Reaction score
X-post from Carmina thread. My Carmina MTO group photo.

Amaretto Jumper boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Color 4 U-tip boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Bourbon NST boot on Forest double JR with flat welt, Amaretto NST boot on Forest EEE York sole with storm welt

For those not on the Carmina thread, Carmina is running a couple of GMTO's for SF users. First is a Cordovan Chelsea boot offered in standard cordovan colors (bourbon, armganac, burgundy, black, ruby, navy and green) as well as color 4 and Amaretto (all shell supplied by Horween). Carmina is accepting pre-orders for color 4 and Amaretto in any model currently offered (with the exception of jodhpurs).

See link below for details, or you can reachout to @Carmina on SF

View attachment 1461594 View attachment 1461595 View attachment 1461596 View attachment 1461597 View attachment 1461598

Curious why you opted for the regular EE Forest but also have the EEE? Did you find one fits you better after purchasing the other, or was it to be able to have thicker socks in the EEE?

I have the Forest but wanted to try the EEE as well, and figured I'd get your take. thanks!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious why you opted for the regular EE Forest but also have the EEE? Did you find one fits you better after purchasing the other, or was it to be able to have thicker socks in the EEE?

I have the Forest but wanted to try the EEE as well, and figured I'd get your take. thanks!

The EE bourbon NST boot was my first pair of Carmina, and going from Alden and C&J mainline boots it felt a little too elegant and a tad small which I initially attributed to narrow width. I felt going up a width would allow me to wear the boots with thick boot socks and lend a beefier look (was going for Alden tanker boot aesthetic).

Now that the EE bourbon boots are broken in, I can wear them comfortably with mid-weight socks. Forest does run little small, but I think that's because it is a shorter last. Width is narrower than Carmina Oscar or C&J or Alden lasts, but in a good way IMO. It allows for a snug fit, which I've come to appreciate after trying other European makers (i.e EG, Bonafe 74945, G&G MH71).

If EE is a good fit, I'd definitely stick with it. Carmina calls EE standard width, and EEE "extra wide" which I think provides good indication of the differences between the two. EEE has higher instep, wider heel and higher volume overall. I get heel slippage even with heavy weight boot socks, mainly due to heel width and instep height.

Phoenician

Reaction score
The EE bourbon NST boot was my first pair of Carmina, and going from Alden and C&J mainline boots it felt a little too elegant and a tad small which I initially attributed to narrow width. I felt going up a width would allow me to wear the boots with thick boot socks and lend a beefier look (was going for Alden tanker boot aesthetic).

Now that the EE bourbon boots are broken in, I can wear them comfortably with mid-weight socks. Forest does run little small, but I think that's because it is a shorter last. Width is narrower than Carmina Oscar or C&J or Alden lasts, but in a good way IMO. It allows for a snug fit, which I've come to appreciate after trying other European makers (i.e EG, Bonafe 74945, G&G MH71).

If EE is a good fit, I'd definitely stick with it. Carmina calls EE standard width, and EEE "extra wide" which I think provides good indication of the differences between the two. EEE has higher instep, wider heel and higher volume overall. I get heel slippage even with heavy weight boot socks, mainly due to heel width and instep height.

Terrific explanation, I appreciate your time on that. I feel the same way you do in that the forest is a little snug compared to a comparative last from Crockett & Jones etc., certainly Alden. while a little more width may be ideal for me, soumds like my lower instep and narrower heel won’t tolerate the EEE size. I think my better option would be the bit more width and lower instep of the Oscar going forward. I am keen to try the Llubi last some point though

that’s a terrific Carmina MTO lineup there, we have similar taste and I can tell you out some thought into exactly what you like

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bourbon AE MacNeils.

IMG_9420.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads