• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling they were from a different GMTO or single MTO @stephenaf2003. They have the same upper and shaft in Natural Shell but everything else is different.
Yes, and I have a feeling I screwed up and didn’t join that GMTO in addition to the 74945. That boot is the first time I’ve ever looked at a 360 welt and felt lust. That makeup is ?

ducatiti

Reaction score
Maiden voyage.. Alden tassel loafers. A bit stiff initially, hoping they will soften up.

fullsizeoutput_25fe.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_25fd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_25fc.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
I live in Atlanta where the temperature is 90 plus in the summer. I wear mostly boots and prefer cordovan, and wear them year round. With the exception of a few "premium" calfskin boots, I use calfskin mostly in wet weather. The heat doesn't affect me since I wear my shoes mostly indoors. I don't own any horsehide, but find my one pair of suede boots to be most comfortable under all conditions.

This was a good and timely conversation regarding summer wear and shell. I too wear my boots and shell year 'round, even in Phoenix where it's often 110+. The caveat is that I'm either inside, driving or traversing an airport (except for this summer with the pandemic) generally speaking, so not bothered by it being hot. I'm also lucky in that my feet don't tend to get overheated and/or sweat like others.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing deal. Don’t look in bad shape either
Pulled them from the goodwill outlet, they were pretty beat but the horsehair brush brought the shine back very fast and they appear to have had trees in the befor they were donated

Phoenician

Reaction score
Not the first time I’ve seen this on shell, but curious what causes these raised striations or puckering? Is it something that can be fixed, a flaw in the shell, or something Horween did in the tanning process?
thanks for any feedback

577480A7-0B7B-4F55-A6CA-0EB9EF1A601F.jpeg
C94E6316-6390-4294-A4D2-A8B458627535.jpeg
3D8A1295-F6E1-4CBC-A7C7-BDAC16E0F69C.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Qayyum

Reaction score
Carmina sineu unlined armagnac shell cordovan. I didn’t think it would be as comfortable from the first wear. The armagnac shell is really very beautiful, with a greenish shade. Nothing else to add, except the smell of the new shell is just intoxicating ? I love.
533654C9-D5AD-43B2-9BDA-803B91054140.jpeg
next to a bourbon shell
DD3ADB46-081B-4E65-8DD1-8327E096F6BE.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads