• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keith Highlander shell LWB.
79A278F5-5DD9-4F3B-98E9-034C157B386B_1_201_a.jpeg
B24BD2FD-49CA-40B4-A050-2740E28773A7_1_201_a.jpeg
9B78908C-7862-45A9-A7DA-0670F92B9646_1_201_a.jpeg
Image 3-24-20 at 6.22 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Gertoshav

Reaction score
I like the chili shell cordovan that Allen Edmonds offers it is a little redder than color 4 and maybe a little browner than color 2. It seems fairly close to Carmina rubi, but the rubi seems that it is a little red. Does anyone know if Carmina can make a pair closer to the AE chili color?
Chili is on the left and Rubi is on the right.
IMG_20200324_175914_MP.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ll look into that. How is fit? Do you have anything by C&J or Trickers for reference?
I have C&J on the 341, 325, 314, and 240 lasts. Im sure others have experience with other lasts. Which AEs were you wanting?

JoeyJoeyJoe

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking into shell loafers and have an eye on the C&j Harvard 2. How does the C&J dark brown compares to EB mahogany or Carmina Armagnac? Can anyone give a comparison?
From pictures I have seen EB mahogany seems to be in between
Pics would be awesome but descriptions would also be nice.

have a nice Sunday and stay healthy

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking into shell loafers and have an eye on the C&j Harvard 2. How does the C&J dark brown compares to EB mahogany or Carmina Armagnac? Can anyone give a comparison?
From pictures I have seen EB mahogany seems to be in between
Pics would be awesome but descriptions would also be nice.

have a nice Sunday and stay healthy

A little hard to make generalizations with shell variability but I'll take a stab since I have all 3 colors. C&J Brown is, I think, the same brown as AEs brown. It's just regular brown. At least my pair has some olive and slight golden undertones. It's a really nice color. Carmina armagnac is a little different. Somewhat lighter and maybe a tinge of reddish undertones? Definitely not olivey. At least not my pair. EB mahogany I just got and haven't even worn them yet. In fact, I have only looked at them once. They are lighter than C&J Brown and no red, I don't think. More like a medium brown.

Qayyum

Reaction score
Hi all. I don’t have a Cordovan shoe yet, but I’m considering a carmina, tassel or penny loafer. If someone has a picture of penny bourbon forest and tassel burgundy uetam and forest, that would be great. thank you.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Natty shell. AE.

IMG_8064.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do shell wholecuts look like after rolling develops and have been worn for a while?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you fellas think these are fairly priced?

Check out Fulham, they have them 20% off right now and may be better depending on where you are based.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads