• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thanks Mike, the Ravello's that you're selling are pretty sweet also. Very tempted. I'll give you a shout out on the best of B&S.

Hah! Thanks. Those Ravello NSTs are an amazing shoe. Let me know if you are interested. They are a pretty rare makeup and getting harder to find due to the rare leather and hand stitching.

-Mike

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Muchas gracias
satisfied.gif
Must share my funny story. They were a little stiff getting my foot in for the first time. When I finally got them on they felt extremely tight in the lower instep. So tight I had a hard time walking. I was concerned, this is my size and last, what could be the problem? I figured they needed some breaking in. By noon time my feet were hurting big time. I loosened both laces all the way to the bottom. It was then that I discovered that the tongue had slipped inside the front of the boot on both sides. I gave the tongue a tug and pulled it out, instant relief. After that the boots felt great even on the first wearing.
blush.gif

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves,

I own this exact shoe and it is indeed stunning.  After awhile of wearing and caring for them properly this is the patina that they took on:

nod%5B1%5D.gif

nod%5B1%5D.gif

nod%5B1%5D.gif

Ageing very nicely, this is what I'm looking forward to.

Cham

Reaction score
Carmina model 922 in Cognac Cordovan (MTO). We used to sell similar Cordovan shoes as a staple a couple of years back, now it's only available as single MTO.
frown.gif
Eat more horse meat!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm facing the same problem; I contacted Carmina about these burgundy cordovan longwings:

The entire cordovan collection is only available as MTO if it's not in their current stock due to cordovan shortage. Luckily the upcharge for MTO isn't that big (€30 in the quote that I received).

These would be my first pair of cordovan shoes; if anyone has a better suggestion (model, colour or brand) as to what I should purchase feel free to respond.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina jumper boots. Oscar last, "dark Cognac" shell. A year's worth of wear has added some nice patina.

These were a Skoaktiebolaget GMTO. I have the boots on my feet right now. Possibly the most comfortable footwear I own.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads