• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Civitas

Reaction score
So I recently bought a new pair of shoes -- C&J Harvard Penny Loafers in Whiskey Shell. Could anyone tell me what these green spots inside one of the lining is? Just physical imperfections or any cause for concern?

3CBEqPc - Imgur.jpg

Also, unrelated question, what Saphir cordovan cream would work best with whiskey shell? Neutral or Fawn?

Last edited:

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have
So I recently bought a new pair of shoes -- C&J Harvard Penny Loafers in Whiskey Shell. Could anyone tell me what these green spots inside one of the lining is? Just physical imperfections or any cause for concern?

View attachment 1583527

Also, unrelated question, what Saphir cordovan cream would work best with whiskey shell? Neutral or Fawn?
I have found fawn to be a good match for my whiskey pairs.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1583527

Looks like dye, plus it's on inside of shoe. Main reason you are seeing it is bc they are unlined. Enjoy the loafers

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of shell cordovan boots and I've never ran into a similar problem with other horse ass pairs. I've treated them regularly and put on two layers of wax polish, but the leather still develops horrible water welts. A single drop is enough. Usually they look like paint has been dropped on top after a winter outing, but I can still buff them to the original great state after wear.

How do I protect the leather from water welts when wax polish isn't enough?
You may consider wiping said footwear down with a moist rag immediately after the water touches the shells. Then brush dry.

I have found great success with simply applying a moderate amount of conditioner (Saphir Cordo Cream in Neutral) or VSC, then vigorously rubbing in with fingers to ensure the product penetrates the cordovan hide properly.

Let them sit with conditioner applied overnight. Then thoroughly brush in the morning. After owning 30+ pairs of cordovan shoes and boots I have found the above method to remove water spots 100% of the time.

Cheers!

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Leeds in Bourbon.

IMG_0205.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.