• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some new shell cordovan shoes and saw this on one pair, looks like little cuts. Will they affect the shoes long term wear ?
I offer no guarantees, but I would not think they would turn into something worse. The views are limited, but it does not look like either of them goes all of the way through and it looks more like a surface ding.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some new shell cordovan shoes and saw this on one pair, looks like little cuts. Will they affect the shoes long term wear ?
I offer no guarantees, but I would not think they would turn into something worse. The views are limited, but it does not look like either of them goes all of the way through and it looks more like a surface ding.
I’d then to agree with doc. The first photo doesn’t concern me at all. Not as sure on the second - that looks a little deeper.

yengli

Reaction score
I’d then to agree with doc. The first photo doesn’t concern me at all. Not as sure on the second - that looks a little deeper.
Thank you for answering, they are so small that it is hard to photograph them!
They are just out of the box and expected them to be pristine condition ofcourse.
I shouldn’t worry so much I guess, just hope that they won’t cause any problems in the future!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy