• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see, do you mean that the right panel of the right shoe doesn’t match the left panel of the right shoe? I also don’t think it is is biggie, might just be the shape of your right ankle. As it breaks in and the two facings come together, I would think that they will match up better.
Yeah, thanks. We shall see.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE Bourbon

IMG_8257.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experience or thought on unlined shell cordovan shoes? especially in the summer? (I would still wear socks)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experience or thought on unlined shell cordovan shoes? especially in the summer? (I would still wear socks)
I find unlined to be lighter than lined loafers. Is that what you are asking?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find unlined to be lighter than lined loafers. Is that what you are asking?
I am just wondering about the general feel. carmina offers unlined boots and oxfords, and I was wondering if it affected the feel, breathability, and appearance after wearing of the shoes, compared to lined shoes.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering about the general feel. carmina offers unlined boots and oxfords, and I was wondering if it affected the feel, breathability, and appearance after wearing of the shoes, compared to lined shoes.
I only own unlined loafers, but I find the fit to hug my foot better. All of my other shell boots and shoes are lined

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that on smfdoc pics the writing is in this order, Brunello Cucinelli then Shell Cordovan then Goodyear 3 in total.

If you look at the one pic on the eBay post you see only 2 Brunello Cucinelli and then directly below Goodyear.

This would lead me to think that maybe they are not shell.

However they look identical to my Suitsupply shell PTB's down to the exact style and stitching. They also do look like shell best that can be seen. But since they do not say shell seems suspect as well as they are not being marketed at shell.

View attachment 1368896
The Retail price $2675 is what made me think they might be shell? Will ask for a better pic of the shoe's inside. Thanks,

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Retail price $2675 is what made me think they might be shell? Will ask for a better pic of the shoe's inside. Thanks,

I know BC produces a shell cordovan PTB that looks just like that. Just based on the pic, I’d say those are shell. But yes, I’d ask for a better pics.

Amazing to think of the retail price on those. I cannot imagine anyone spending that much on them. They’re ugly and for around $2000 you can get EG shell.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where should I start when looking for shell loafers?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where should I start when looking for shell loafers?

Well...Alden is a good place. But since this is a "non Alden" thread, you could look at Rancourt if you want to stay domestic.
Crockett & Jones, too, but then your getting up there in price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads