• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

greenhouse

Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s gloomy and grey outside. Figured I’d match.
Gorgeous boots, but I just can't get my head around the lacing.

I know it's a subjective, personal preference, but I think that straight-bar lacing would be better. Then again, of course, you've got the speed hooks above the eyelets, and so you have to do criss-cross lacing for the speed hooks...

stijn

Reaction score
It's been a while that I've been looking for some AE Cordovan strands in walnut shell or natural shell. Unfortunately I'm not able to source any.

So I started thinking about an MTO. Who would you recommend? I have a pair of Carmina Jumpers in natural shell cordovan but I do seem to like the lasts of Löf & Tung as well plus it's slightly more affordable.

Thoughts?

George Red

Reaction score
Gorgeous boots, but I just can't get my head around the lacing.

I know it's a subjective, personal preference, but I think that straight-bar lacing would be better. Then again, of course, you've got the speed hooks above the eyelets, and so you have to do criss-cross lacing for the speed hooks...
I see where you’re coming from. I just hate straight bar lacing. That’s all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 144 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 8 1.8%