• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharp! Is Rider still making them?
I got these as part of a GMTO, so it’s not a regular makeup.

They’ve recently gone through a drastic business model change. However, my understanding is they still do special makeups. Best path is to get in contact with them directly.

caffed

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stook1

Reaction score
I got these as part of a GMTO, so it’s not a regular makeup.

They’ve recently gone through a drastic business model change. However, my understanding is they still do special makeups. Best path is to get in contact with them directly.
All correct - just wanted to mention that when the Rider business changes were announced a couple of months ago there was a thread that Ron participated in on Reddit to discuss the changes. I asked this very question about the shell GMTOs at that time and, if recollection serves, there were no current plans for shell but it wasn't ruled out for the future. From what I understand, it is true that they do special makeups but I believe not shell. Anyway, reading between the lines, I got the sense that it would take some time to figure things out and the shell orders might come later but it seemed to be very uncertain. Nonetheless, I'd completely agree that it would be worth checking in to find out now that some time has passed.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All correct - just wanted to mention that when the Rider business changes were announced a couple of months ago there was a thread that Ron participated in on Reddit to discuss the changes. I asked this very question about the shell GMTOs at that time and, if recollection serves, there were no current plans for shell but it wasn't ruled out for the future. From what I understand, it is true that they do special makeups but I believe not shell. Anyway, reading between the lines, I got the sense that it would take some time to figure things out and the shell orders might come later but it seemed to be very uncertain. Nonetheless, I'd completely agree that it would be worth checking in to find out now that some time has passed.
hmm...interesting, that’s not what I understood from him at all. I haven’t been in to see him since just after the holidays. But coincidentally, I’ll be in Richmond on Tuesday. I’ll stop by and find out for sure and report back.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
one quick question.. Edward and James is made by Joseph Cheaney ?
Sorry didn't see your reply there was no quote!

So, Cheaney and Barker make a lot of their shoes that are made in england on modified lasts. The Rushton in specific is on the Cheaney 103 last (similar to 146 i think).

You can actually see the embossed Cheaney logo in the insole and the brochure for repair in the box.

I can really recommend them. Price is 790 GBP I think.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.