• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Harlech's look amazing. How would you compere these to a Enzo Bonafe Balway in Col4 ? Would love some perspective from anyone on this topic, and especially if you own both !

Sorry I can’t compare them, since I don’t own a Balway #4...yet.

There is an #4 Balway GMTO that I’m on. So.... that situation will be resolved in 4-5 months.:bigstar:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget shell cordovan. Frye James Oxford in dark brown. Pre-loved eBay acquisition. Quick wipe down, brushing, and lace change. Not crazy about the laces, just wanted to try something different.
IMG_20190204_1938116.jpg IMG_20190205_0916022.jpg

Mallaig

Reaction score
Sorry I can’t compare them, since I don’t own a Balway #4...yet.

There is an #4 Balway GMTO that Lorenzo is running over @SoleGarb that I’m on. So.... that situation will be resolved in 4-5 months.:bigstar:
LOL. I'm keen to do something with Lorenzo. Trying to decide whether to start with a Balway or do something else. I love the Russian Hatch Chukka that he did recently, but missed the window on that GMTO.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks, I never knew they made shell and that PTB is very nice looking! Are they Goodyear welted or Blake?
I reached out to Frye a while ago, and they informed me that they are blake welted. You can find them new on Amazon for under $400, every so often.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of you know AE is having a trunk show and blue shell is one of the available colors. Here is a pair of navy shell MacNeils I picked several years ago at the last trunk show. Just a suggestion if you are interested.

IMG_1689.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of you know AE is having a trunk show and blue shell is one of the available colors. Here is a pair of navy shell MacNeils I picked several years ago at the last trunk show. Just a suggestion if you are interested.

View attachment 1120380
Unusually good welt and edgework for AE there.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unusually good welt and edgework for AE there.

True. This was a one off pair that was basically MTO at the time. It was already being made when the trunk show started, so they gave me the trunk show price. Nice of them. Being a one off may have resulted in them giving them more attention during construction. Who knows?

Epicure

Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vintage Florsheims to end the week.

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads